Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=656c57ca750ab80bfd800805be153d72Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Generic Jedi WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asudaii Rahn (Lee Landers)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject: Generic Jedi WIP Reply with quote

[url]

Can anyone tell me if hooded tabards are allowed?
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not under the existing standards for generic jedi....
but if you can find references in official lucasfilm publications (old comics or whatever),
then it can be approved.

are there any SW characters who dress like this?
if so, then you just need to provide references; if not, then, it's technically not a jedi costume. *shrug*

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only one I can think of is Plo Koon from the animated clone wars, but that would fall under a face character or Jedi general.[/b]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some other tabards I can use, just wanted to check. Thank you for the information I really appreciate it. I've got everything I need and I'm going to get my wife to take some pictures for me. Once I get that done I'll get them posted and see if I'm on the right track.
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the plo-koon reference might be sufficient. submit it to the judges and see what happens.

since you have other tabbards as well, I would actually submit pics of both versions, with your costume application.
(be sure to include your reference pics to support the hooded tabards).

why submit both? well just to give an example...
I used to have a generic jedi in my profile (but the costume doesn't exist anymore).
when I submitted that costume, I had 3 different jedi belts in my closet.
so in the spirit of 'full disclosure', I actually submitted ALL THREE to the judges.

this way, the judges have seen my belts. there's no surprises,
and IF they accept ALL of my variant belts.. then I can mix&match and wear whatever I want.

(because, basically: it's not really cool to get your costume approved with ONE belt, and then wear a DIFFERENT one at events -- so I wanted to include all three, as part of my "generic" costume profile).

I would also do the same thing with lightsabers: if you've got more-than-one lightsaber for a specific costume (ankin or obi-wan or whatever) then I would actually submit pics of BOTH to the judges, that way they can give feedback on every variant that you might plan to wear at events.

(and you can basically mix&match: take the 'bladed' lightsaber; or take the one without; as long as the judges have approved both lightsabers then you can bring whichever you like).

examples:
https://imageshack.com/a/img801/9311/smny.jpg
https://imageshack.com/a/img838/9043/zf0j.jpg
https://imageshack.com/a/img593/8946/2owp.jpg
^(I would submit these pics with a "generic" jedi application -- where my generic jedi wears a "graflex" lightsaber).

^^ (if I have two different undertunics (for example) .. then I would do the same thing: submit pics of BOTH..
that way, I can change my shirt on day#2 of a weekend-long event if I want .. and it's already "approved" by the judges.LOL)

^^^ you could do the same thing with your tabards -- submit BOTH as part of your costume application.
(be sure to include references for the hooded variant -- some pics of Plo Koon from the CW cartoon).

IF the judges are cool with the hooded variant... then you can wear whichever you want.
(and if the judges don't like the hooded-variant, then they will still judge your application with the regular tabards, and you'll still get accepted with the regular tabards).
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my understanding after talking at length the the LMO and COG about a costume I was planning, if it does not specifically meet the requirements of the "Generic Jedi" as written it is not permissible. There seems to be no variation allowed based on precedence set my face characters

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always worth a try even if it doesn't work out.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[url]

I think the rest of it should be ok.
ardavenport (Anne Davenport)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Dragon Con 2015 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a nice costume. Very Happy

Your focus determines who you are.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: