Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=31a2da253d1dcd8dd9a24f5e3d7e0a27Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Recruits - Introduce Yourself Here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Amancane Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wilson5710 (Anthony Wilson)
Amancane Base CO
Amancane Base CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:17 am    Post subject: Recruits - Introduce Yourself Here Reply with quote

Welcome to Amancane Base!

Please take a moment and introduce yourself here and what costume you are working on so that our Base Command can better assist you in the right direction and help with the application process!

Looking forward to having you join our ranks!
Jedi_Boyer (Michel Boyer)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see that we finally have formed our own base. It has been years in the making. I have been a member of the Rebel Legion for just over 10 years and currently have 4 approved RL costumes (2 Jedi, X-wing Pilot, and RFT). I have almost all the hard to get parts for an Endor Trooper (hat, donut, vest and pants). I just need to get the belt, shirt, boots and spend some time painting the pants. I also have a number of parts to a Hoth Trooper. Maybe one of these days, I will finish one or both of these costumes.

In addition, I am a member of Garrison Corellia of the 501st Legion where I currently serve as GML. There I have 9 approved costumes (TS, TD, scanning Crew, bridge crew, warrant officer, tie reserve, staff officer, 181st dress and AT-ST driver). I have hanging in my closet the line officer costume and am having built a Naval Fleet trooper helmet, so once that arrives, I will submit 3 more costumes. I also have about 90% of a Mando finished, but am unsure when I will find the time to complete that one.

This is a family affair for the Boyers. My wife has been a RL member for about 8 years and my 18 y.o. daughter is approved for the 501st and we just need to update a few items and get her approved with the RL too. Our other three children keep growing out of their costumes, so it's hard to make sure they always have something to wear, but over the years they have been handmaidens, princess leia, ahsoka, padawans, x-wing pilots, jawas, and stormtroopers. Hopefully we will all be able to troop as legion members.

Over the years I have sourced a lot of parts/pieces for pilots, jedi and RFTs, so if you need help with one of those, chances are I might at least be able to point you in the right direction.

All that to say, if you ever need anything, just ask. If I can help, I will. If I can't, hopefully I can at least point you in the right direction.

Looking forward to trooping together.

"My Loyalties lie with My Legion and the betterment of My legion." Ixam Let'si
Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a member of just over 10 years as well, and this will be my 3rd base, due to job moves. I was part of Rogue Base when it was created, and then moved to Freedom. It has been great to see both a newly emerging base as well as a mature one and have learned from both. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute to the success of this new base as well.

I'm a Star Wars gamer and love the way the games expand the locations, story, characters, and also provide a way to insert one's self into the story and interact. I realize that much of why I'm still active in the Legions is to represent and/or relive the exciting experiences I had in those games. The X-Wing series, Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series, and the Battlefronts (2000 & 2010 eras) are my favorites, and love the rise of the Rebellion era.

Therefore, though I only am currently approved with a Rebel Fleet Trooper, I've researched many infantry costumes, which I have posted in the detachment areas on the forums, and was the RAID representative in Freedom base and did a RFT costume run. I have parts and plans for Rogue One troopers, officers, signals crew, as well as Battlefront Vanguard, and would love to do most Rebel Infantry costumes from the latest Battlefront II. I just think the way that both Rogue One and Battlefront II have iterated on the iconic costumes is great. I've also got a pipe dream to be approved with every costume with a Rebel Fleet Trooper helmet. I've also got many parts for a Yavin Rebel Y-Wing pilot.

We have the bare minimum to start a RAID chapter in our new base, and have two possible future recruits I'm personally aware of. While I haven't trooped west of the Eastern Panhandle yet I'm excited to be a part of the base and find ways to have fun together.

I costume on the cheap so I think I can help new recruits get a good looking costume for not very much money or skill -- hopefully that will help us guide those who get interested from our events all the way through costume construction to approval and trooping.
Eugene613 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello I am Eugene Marino. I have been a member of the Rebel Legion since 2012 (and a member of the 501st since 2003). For the RL I currently have an old Ben costume.

I live in the Eastern panhandle of WV in Charles Town (near Harper's Ferry) and enjoy getting to as many events as I can. It has not been all that many in the past few years as family keeps my weekends busy, but I manage.

This base has been a long time in coming and I wish it well. It will be nice to have some more contact with members in WV and learning from you all. It is my hope that I will be able to attend more events in 2019 and I look forward to continued service to the Legion and this base.

Thank you
smjonesy (Sarah)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! I am Sarah and am relatively new to RL, as in approval just last spring. I troop currently with my Senatorial Leia.

I have plans on a Padme as well as General Organa's TFA blue dress for myself (and one for my mom too!). I am also working on getting my mando completed, which is about 98% done. But that's not all folks! Because I like to make myself crazy, I am also in process of drafting a pattern for Qi'ra's Highroller dress for 501st approval.

I am a veteran, a mom of three, and a teacher. Cosplay and conventions are mostly a family affair except that the husband doesn't much like dressing up. Ha! I am addicted to project hopping and sewing and collecting fabric I really don't need.

I am incredibly excited to be a part of RL history in the creation of this new base and cannot wait to see what we can get accomplished!
Keller ()

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Keller. I currently don't have any RL approved costumes but there are a couple in the works. Hope to have the first one finished very soon. I'm currently a part of the 501st Legion with a RotJ Royal Guard. I costume as several different characters from several different genres and franchises, most notably my Ghostbuster. Those of you that know me probably met me while I was wearing that lol. Having fun and making people happy is my number one priority with this hobby, and I usually do a pretty good job of it.

For those that don't know, Amancane Base was named in honor of my partner, Amanda Lilly. We participated in this hobby together. I hope that I can contribute to this new base and the Rebel Legion in her honor and make her proud.
wilson5710 (Anthony Wilson)
Amancane Base CO
Amancane Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to welcome anyone who is reading this. Thank you for visiting and for taking an interest in our little corner of the Rebel Legion. Currently our base is in it's infancy and we are all working very hard to build something that the West Virginia community can be proud of!

I have been a member of the Rebel Legion for two years. Originally I started out just wanting to put together a costume so that I could accompany my son Kadin to conventions while he was dressed as a Jawa. After I asked for some help from my friend David he suggested that if I was going to make a costume I might as well make it to Legion standards and submit it, as well as getting Kadin into the Galactic Academy. So David is to blame for all of this! I am not a member with 2 approved costumes and I am currently working on 3 more costumes. I am also a member of the 501st with Garrison Corellia where I have served as the Merchandising and Branding Officer. With the 501st I have 4 approved costumes and I am working on 1 additional. Along with my son, Michele, my wife has joined in on the trooping and she has a dual approved Mara Jade and a newly approved RL Senate Guard.

When we are not doing activities for the Legions I also operate a full-service art studio where I make costumes, props, and accessories and offer custom framing and artistic services. I believe in an open door policy for my studio so if you have questions or are needing something accomplished please feel free to ask. As for a day job I am a graphic designer and production technician for a t-shirt and sign shop. We make all sorts of items, including custom clothing, signs & banners, stickers, and also offer embroidery and promotional items.

I hope this has been helpful in getting to know us as a Base and I look forward to trooping with everyone and building friendships with each of you!

Approved Costumes:
Generic Jedi, Jawa

Other Approved Costumes:
181st TIE Pilot, TIE Reserve, Imperial Bridge Crew, Jawa
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Amancane Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: