Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7de2dd0aee5bab23cedf3e4223428da9Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

2019 Projects/Build Goals
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Falcon Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
costumesbyelizabeth ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:41 am    Post subject: 2019 Projects/Build Goals Reply with quote

Hey everyone! I thought it might be fun since it is a new year to talk about what everyone's projects or goals are for 2019?!

I will go first! Very Happy

A lot of my year will be dedicated to embroidering my Cloud City Leia Cloak but when I need to take a break I plan on making Leia's senatorial gown and fixing/improving upon aspects of my Rey costumes.

Last edited by costumesbyelizabeth () on Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
BC-Barriss (Natasha W)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My current project and goal, is to have my first cosplay approved so I can join the Legion Smile but will have the cosplay ready for FanExpo at the least. after that, I have not decided what the next project will be.

Falcon Base BC - 2019 / current
The Wetched Hive group - 2019 / current
Knight of the Jedi Order - 2019 / current
Saber Guild (SG-649) Alderaan Temple BC - 2019 / current
costumesbyelizabeth ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BC-Barriss wrote:
My current project and goal, is to have my first cosplay approved so I can join the Legion Smile but will have the cosplay ready for FanExpo at the least. after that, I have not decided what the next project will be.

Awesome! What character are you working on?? Is it Barriss Offee like your username? Very Happy
BC-Barriss (Natasha W)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing yup good guess.

StarryEyedMaiden (Cecelia Mabee)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh nice, I have a rebels Ahsoka planned at some point so having a Bariss would be cool.

I'm just trying to finish my Bespin escape which once done Ill make a build tread for then on to finishing Paradem Padme and maybe this summer Bespin Leia now that I know it can be approved un-embroyered (I dont have the will power yet and I wish you luck with your Elizabeth its going to look wonderful!)

~Now thats podracing~
BC-Barriss (Natasha W)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be great if you did Ahsoka Smile as long as you do not hold any resentment towards Barriss .. lol

StarryEyedMaiden (Cecelia Mabee)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

of course not, she was a great character and just because you are dressing like her I would't treat you with resentment <3 its all good

~Now thats podracing~
BC-Barriss (Natasha W)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course Smile , just thought I would have a little fun with that. Sice it was sad how she pinned ahsoka like that. When she did so much to help Barriss. Looking forward to your Ahsoka when your ready Smile

Tink (Tammy Anderson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I (finally after um 3.5 years) submitted my Twi'lek Jedi last week Very Happy Once that's approved I think I will also see if I need it separately approved without the headpiece because I can only wear that for an hour or so before the headache gets to me.

I don't have any more costumes on the horizon for myself but I'm still trying to get all the pieces for my dad's Han costume. I had the pants and shirt custom made as well as the holster. We've been waiting nearly 2 years for the jacket from Anovos (ya I know...Anovos, but it was only $350 compared to the $750 from other decent makers). I've been sent two pair of boots from the maker and he made them too small the first time, and gigantic (we're talking 3-4 full sizes too big) the second time. It's now been well over a year since the first pair was finished so I'm starting to get pretty discouraged.

I'm also trying to get my mom to decide which Leia she wants to build. She's picky about colours and hates the olive green/grey of the jumpsuit which would be the easiest one and most comfy. We may end up with the blue dress unless there are some new outfits in the upcoming episode (I think they said they may use some deleted scenes of her in the new one?).
costumesbyelizabeth ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the submit Tammy!!

Quote:
I'm also trying to get my mom to decide which Leia she wants to build. She's picky about colours and hates the olive green/grey of the jumpsuit which would be the easiest one and most comfy. We may end up with the blue dress unless there are some new outfits in the upcoming episode (I think they said they may use some deleted scenes of her in the new one?).

Have you looked at some of her outfits from Last Jedi?? Very Happy I think they are super elegant. Raddis Bridge Dress and Crait Cape Dress
Tink (Tammy Anderson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

costumesbyelizabeth wrote:
Congrats on the submit Tammy!!

Have you looked at some of her outfits from Last Jedi?? Very Happy I think they are super elegant. Raddis Bridge Dress and Crait Cape Dress

Oh wow, I honestly thought they were the same outfit LOL. Same jacket? They are beautiful but I'm not sure where to find someone who could make them. Any ideas?
costumesbyelizabeth ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tink wrote:

Oh wow, I honestly thought they were the same outfit LOL. Same jacket? They are beautiful but I'm not sure where to find someone who could make them. Any ideas?

I would recommend checking out the Leia Cosplay FB group! There are lots of Leia costumers there that do commissions.
Tink (Tammy Anderson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Twi'lek is approved and I'm super excited because I contacted my seamstress friend in Nanaimo and she was just packing her car up to move to Victoria! She's excited to do all of Leia's costumes and will take on mom's commission to do whichever one she decides on Very Happy Now I just need to sit down with her and force her to pick one LOL
BC-Barriss (Natasha W)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats awesome, if your going to fanexpo looking forward in seeing it Smile

Tink (Tammy Anderson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately this will be the first Fan Expo I've had to miss Sad Hubby gets home from sailing the Friday it starts and I can't turn around and say "bye"...well I could, but he would be very sad.

Will you be coming to Victoria for Capital City Comic Con?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Falcon Base All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: