Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=857d94b85ab6758e0afdc1906fd29dbaMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

3/9 - 3/10: Huntsville Comic and Pop Culture Expo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fleurderys ()
Base Membership Officer

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject: 3/9 - 3/10: Huntsville Comic and Pop Culture Expo
Event: 09 Mar 2019

We've been invited by Tranquility Base to participate in the Huntsville Comic and Pop Culture Expo (http://www.hsvexpo.com/).

Everyone is welcome, but we'll need to coordinate is making sure we don't end up with a duplicate character for the same day (two Hans or two Jyns, etc). Generic RL costumes are great, as is just hanging out in RL gear. Smile

They have very limited free day passes available OR $25 discounted weekend passes if ordered by 2/14.

**If you decide you want to come after 2/14, no problem! You don't need a ticket to troop -- but if you want to attend the con, day-of passes will be available for $30.

Carpool Group 3/9: (I can drive - have space for 5 total)
Laryssa (Jyn) + 1
Michel (Rebel Pilot)
Mike J (Han)

Interested:
Matt M

Here is the post from their forum:

---------------------------------

Huntsville Comic and Pop Culture Expo March 9th and 10th

Hey everyone, we've been invited back to the Huntsville Pop Culture Expo now at the South Hall of the VBC. As most of you know, this event has grown and they've sold all their vendor space for the South Hall. Thus, we will be outside in the VERY LARGE hallway and basically have as much space as we want Smile Therefore, we will have 1 or 2 tables (if we can have a Rebel Legion table and runner by then), a panel or two, two backdrops, porg hole, and a few Blast a Trooper events to help them raise money for charity (kidstolove.org). They have also offered us 10 free day passes, and weekend passes for the discount rate of $25 for the entire weekend (for members only). So, what I need to know is who all is interested, and who all is volunteering for what duties.

Details-
Huntsville Comic and Pop Culture Expo March 9th and 10th (Saturday and Sunday)
Convention
Von Braun Center, South Hall, Huntsville (see map)
Both Rebel Legion and 501st are welcome
Changing Room- None at this time, we typically find a room and change there and then keep our totes at the table)
Food- Not provided, but typically they have food trucks and I bring liquids to share Smile
Parking- Parking on site is paid, I'm willing to set up carpools.
Passes- We will get 10 free SINGLE day passes, and discount weekend passes (for members and handlers only, not additional family members) at $25 for the weekend. I will make the order on February 14th and will collect the money at the Expo.
Props weapons/blasters- Yes (they will ask to inspect and peace bond them)
Our table is technically outside of the event, so if you just want to hang out at the table you won't need an Expo pass.

We will need volunteers to-
Run the table/interact with others
Run Blast a trooper (collect donations, keep track of nerf guns and ammo, crowd control etc)
Troopers to be blasted
Participate in Panels
Help with setup/breakdown

When you sign up, please let me know these things-
1. Do you want one of the free passes? Do you want the $25 weekend pass (which I will purchase and collect your money)? Do you not want to buy a ticket (we will be technically outside the Con so you don't have to buy a ticket for the table, however you can not go in to see the guests/vendors/panels without a pass)

2. Can you help with the blast a trooper? What day/times? What roles? (Times Saturday 12pm, 2pm and 4pm and Sunday 1pm and 3pm, guessing each will be 30-45 minutes or until no more line)

3. Can you help with the table? What days/times will you be at the con?

Expo is in the South Hall - or P2 on this map:

---------------------------------

Last edited by fleurderys () on Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
PegasusBlue ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a lot of fun. Car pooling would be so helpful, and I'm at a good location where cars could be left. I'm very interested!
Mike J Cosplay ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’d be available as Han.
scruffiestnerfherder (Matthew Medford)
Corellian Base CO
Corellian Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yall thinking of making it a day trip or do we have to be there all weekend?
PegasusBlue ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably just Saturday for me.
fleurderys ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, just Saturday.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in for this trip!
PegasusBlue ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely in. Pilot X-Wing 2
fleurderys ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Action Report:

Due to inclement weather, we switched at the last minute to Sunday, and had SO much fun with our neighbors to the south! They had a fun con setup (Blast-a-Trooper, Porg Hole), the kids had a great time, and nearly $300 was raised for charity (kidstolove.org). From our area, we had three Rebels in attendance (Mike J, Michel, myself) plus an Imperial (Michael). We also got to hang out with former Corellian, Andrew, and met a prospective member who lives in Pulaski.

They put together a video of the weekend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCYr1srFphE

The Tranquility Base and Alabama Garrison really rolled out the red carpet in making us feel welcome. It'd be awesome to return the favor and have them up for an event!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: