Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=37874ab919bd4762ea9f91a4235b6e86Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

[New Standard] Ahsoka Tano Cargo Of Doom Space Suit TCW

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> KJO Standards Development -> KJO Standards Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AhsokaFreakingTano (Kelly Hawthorne)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject: [New Standard] Ahsoka Tano Cargo Of Doom Space Suit TCW Reply with quote

Final Standard with the original one posted below.

Image Gallery:http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/?portfolio=ahsoka-tano-tcw-season-2-ep-2
Additional Images: http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/?portfolio=ahsoka-tano-the-clone-wars-season-1-2
Headpiece:
Image URL: http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/as102-680x656.jpg
Headpiece:
The headpiece is made from latex or latex-like material to give the appearance of skin
Overall appearance must be smooth
The headpiece is painted white with blue stripes in a color matching closely to references
Optional: multi-toned paint to closer match references is recommended but not required.
Akul Teeth:
Along the edge of the headpiece, there are seven (7) total Akul teeth, there are six (6) total smaller ones with three (3) on each side and a larger one in the center.
Teeth are in shape matching references.
Teeth must sit flush against the headpiece and have no gaps.
Teeth are painted one of the following colors: Silver, gold/brass, or a silver/green as different lighting shows different colors of the teeth.
Jewelry:
Image URL: http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/as021.jpg
From the center tooth, there are two (2) square pyramid beads with smaller beads between them.
After those two beads, the strand splits into two and goes between the montrals and over to the back of the headpiece ending where the back and front lekku separate on each side.
Image URL: http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/as005.jpg
The separated strands are made up of longer pyramid beads with smaller beads between them and end with a larger round bead.
On the right side of the headpiece, below the round bead at the end, there is another smaller bead followed by a longer pyramid stud, from there the Padawan braid attaches.
Color options: Silver, gold/brass, or a silver green, color must be the same as the one chosen for the Akul teeth.
Padawan braid:
A single strand of round beads spaced out evenly along a thin smooth chain or wire (a large ball chain is acceptable)
At the bottom of the Padawan braid, there are two (2) total triangular pyramid beads
The top one is yellow and the bottom one is pink, in between them is a small blue bead, the points of the triangles face inwards towards one another and the blue bead between them.
Image URL: http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/as018.jpg
Skin:
Orange with accurate white markings in the face. Must match reference pictures.
Makup must have an overall smooth appearance.

Spacesuit:
Tight, form-fitting bodysuit with hidden/invisible zipper in the back, turtleneck and without hands. Colors are maroon, Burgundy or dark red, elastic/stretch material like velvet (not crushed velvet), micro-suede or similar.

Gloves:
Image URL: http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/as112-680x418.jpg
Gloves are the same color and material as the bracers.
The material should be leather or leather-like and have texture.
Weathering is optional and recommended but not required
If weathering is present it is in a lighter color than the gloves and also have light grey/silver variations.

Bracers:
Bracers reach to the crook of the arm on the inside and do not cover the elbow.
Leather or leather-like material, lighter than the color of Bodysuit and have texture.
The bracers have 3 golden buckles with a stylized “H” that must match references.
Image URL: http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/as115-680x670.jpg
The separate elbow covering is in the same color or darker than the bodysuit.
Image URL: http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/as103.jpg
If weathering is present it is in a lighter color than the gloves and also have light grey/silver variations.

Tabard:
Image URL: http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/003_edited.jpg
A single elongated pentagon,
leather or leather-like material.
Color is pale pink, with markings in a darker purple/magenta on it.
Must match reference pictures.
Must have an overall size and shape proportional to the wearer.

Clone Belt:
Image URL: http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/as114.jpg
Phase I animated style Clone Trooper Belt.
Armor is painted matte or satin white.
Belt is approx 3" tall and divided into 1.75" wide segments.
The front segments have a key/slot detail.
Belt boxes are mounted at the hips.
Image URL: http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/as110-680x388.jpg
Belt is weather shades of grey.
Detonator is centered on the back of belt. Detonator has no control buttons. The detonator has (2) lines set in approx 1/2" – 5/8" from the edges.
Image URL: http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/as106-680x659.jpg
Lines may be recessed or painted on.
Segments may be angled for a better fit to the wearer and greater accuracy but is not required.

Boots:
Image URL: http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/as109-680x401.jpg
http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/001_edited.jpg
Boots and Chaps are the same colour and material as the bracers and be made of a leather or leather-like material and have texture.
The chaps reach the kneecap and are closed with 5 golden buckles on the outside of the leg.
The buckles have the same design as the bracers.

Lightsaber:
One lightsaber. If bladed, blade is green. Toy sabers are not permitted.
Hilt only is an option.

Original standard before revisions.

1. Headpiece:
White Togruta montral with blue bands and stripes matching references. Six (6) small triangular and one (1) large diamond Akul teeth on the head framing the face, the color should be silver, gold, or silver green. Diamond beads for padawan chain shall be a mix of silver, gold, or silver green. Must match reference pictures.

2. Skin:
Orange with accurate white markings in the face. Must match reference pictures.

3. Spacesuit:
Tight-fitting bodysuit with a hidden/invisible zipper in the back, turtleneck and without hands. Colors are maroon, Burgundy or dark red, elastic/stretch material like velvet (not crushed velvet), micro-suede or similar.

4. Gloves:
Gloves are the same color and material as the bracers. The material should be leather or leather-like and have texture.

5. Bracers:
Bracers reach to the crook of the arm on the inside and do not cover the elbow. Leather or leather-like material, lighter than the color of Bodysuit and have texture. The bracers have 3 golden buckles with a stylized “H” must match references. The separate elbow covering is in the same color or darker than the bodysuit.

6. Tabard:
A single elongated pentagon, leather or leather-like material. Color is pale pink, with markings in a darker purple/magenta on it. Must match reference pictures.

7. Clone Belt:
Phase I animated style Clone Trooper Belt. Armor is painted matte or satin white. The belt is approx 3" tall and divided into 1.75" wide segments. The front segments have a key/slot detail. Belt boxes are mounted at the hips. The belt is weather shades of grey. Detonator is centered on the back of the belt. Detonator has no control buttons. The detonator has (2) lines set in approx 1/2" – 5/8" from the edges. Lines may be recessed or painted on.

9. Boots:
Boots and Chaps are the same color and material as the bracers. The chaps reach the kneecap and are closed with 5 golden buckles on the outside of the leg. The buckles have the same design as the bracers. Light gray weathering as the bracers and gloves. Both the boots and boot spats/chaps should be leather or leather-like material and have texture.

11. Lightsaber:
One lightsaber. If bladed, the blade is green. Toy sabers are not permitted.

Last edited by AhsokaFreakingTano (Kelly Hawthorne) on Thu May 30, 2019 2:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Ahsoka94 (Eleonora Scanu)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leave you the photos reference I used for my costume:
Reference

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

-For the Headpiece I think we have to add for the blue bands the option of a spotted coloration and not uniform. Akul teeth and braids must be the same color and I'm sure that isn't gold (I mean the classic gold) because she have a gold akul teeth only in her slave outfit as we can see here:

I suggest putting a mix of silver and gold, I did a color test at home and it is very similar
-What do you think about the tabbard to notice that the first central diamond is covered by the belt?
-Also, the international length measurement system is the meter, I would say to add the measurements of the clone belt also in centimeters, perhaps in brackets. And I think we have to add the Thickness of the belt of 1cm as we can see in the second reference image. Remove the measure of the width of each segments because it depends a lot by the measure of the waist. The lines on the detonator isn't painted but carved as we can see in the reference.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Ahsoka94"]leave you the photos reference I used for my costume:

-For the Headpiece I think we have to add for the blue bands the option of a spotted coloration and not uniform. Akul teeth and braids must be the same color and I'm sure that isn't gold (I mean the classic gold) because she have a gold akul teeth only in her slave outfit as we can see here:
[img]http://i68.tinypic.com/1054dxk.jpg[/img]
I suggest putting a mix of silver and gold, I did a color test at home and it is very similar
-What do you think about the tabbard to notice that the first central diamond is covered by the belt?
-Also, the international length measurement system is the meter, I would say to add the measurements of the clone belt also in centimeters, perhaps in brackets. And I think we have to add the Thickness of the belt of 1cm as we can see in the second reference image. Remove the measure of the width of each segments because it depends a lot by the measure of the waist. The lines on the detonator isn't painted but carved as we can see in the reference.[/quote]

For the headpiece: Until a point when all the other standards can be edited that a non uniform color is optional (as almost all approved and currently being submitted Ahsoka's are solid) making it noted in 1 standard may provide an issue as wording will not be consistant.
Tabbard: "covered to match references" should suffice
Measurements: I got these directly from the Clone trooper CRL from 501st legion, it's the wording they use, internationally, consistent wording is again, key to combat confusion.
Akul teeth and coloring: I've done my own color grabs on this before and more often than not it came on a green scale for Pantone, noting that the beads must match the color of the teeth is yes, important, and will be changed later, but it has to be changed on all applicable standards.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Headpiece: Ok that the other standards don't say it, that so many member have been accepted, but the screenshots speak for themselves.. so I suggest at least to put: we recommend a spotted coloration for better accuracy (optional for instance)
Clone belt: In this case we have a clone belt in woman style as you can see in this picture...

The circumference of the upper belt is smaller than the under belt line, and also the vertical line aren't perfectly vertical... For a complete armor I can understand but here I think the belt can Dress badly, especially for those with more curves.
Akul teeth: ok I think we have to review other standards Laughing ok for green like metal but for sure not gold and we have the evidence xD
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get back to you: yes they aren't straight lines on her belt, but some people may not have the body type to allow for the belt to curve, I'll add it as an option.
On your point about reviewing the other standards: the Detachment is trying to get the missing ones first and revising the others later, until that point the wording in the current standards needs to remain consistent with this one. The other standards don't list things like weathering on the gauntlets, boots, and gloves. Nor do they list uneven coloring. Until that point: changing one standard to say these while the others haven't been will cause too much confusion.
At this point, since no one else has offered issues I will be revising the original post with the changes/options and sending it off.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received! Crying or Very sad But technically in the Ahsoka s1-2 standard in boots the weathering is mentioned:

At this point, we also put this as an option, writing: "for best accuracy"
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahsoka94 wrote:
Received! Crying or Very sad But technically in the Ahsoka s1-2 standard in boots the weathering is mentioned:

At this point, we also put this as an option, writing: "for best accuracy"

I already mentioned that that's how it would be worded 'reccomended but not required' will be the official wording I'm editing it now, and from here on out, it's being sent off to be posted today.
Thank you
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD! Cool
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your help and discussion, I will be locking this thread the vote is live now for 7 days at this link:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1078337#1078337
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> KJO Standards Development -> KJO Standards Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: