Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e59ea38e39189c8d2885e93b04a00298Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Question species generic general jedi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> EU Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Garcom Kanos ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject: Question species generic general jedi Reply with quote

Hi:

I have a question about species allowed for use in a generic Jedi general. My question is: I have my generic Jedi General outfit and I want to apply a species, is the Kel Dor breed allowed for a generic general Jedi? (It is the kind of Plo Koon, clear for a generic general Jedi use not to wear his own suit, but a different suit. If you use the race's own head and hands).

Thank you.
JediDWH (Lisa Curtis Saunders)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a general rule of thumb, if you see a species as a Jedi in canon/Legends materiel, there's no problem using the same species as a generic Jedi in the Legion. Smile

Sew Corellian
KJO DXO
Celestia Delegation Leader
Garcom Kanos ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JediDWH wrote:
As a general rule of thumb, if you see a species as a Jedi in canon/Legends materiel, there's no problem using the same species as a generic Jedi in the Legion. Smile

Thanks for your answer.

As a Jedi I have not observed many of the Kel Dor species (in role-playing games with Lucas Arte licenses, pilots and officers I have also been able to observe in reference comics).

But I think that being a generic species, it is reasonable to think that there is kel dor species like jedis. Is my statement incorrect? My idea is as a generic species, not Plo Koon in its form and suit.

What can I do ?.

Thanks for all helps.
JediDWH (Lisa Curtis Saunders)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't require any particular number of characters from any species. Plo Koon is a Jedi, therefore we may assume that others of his species may also be a Jedi. So Kel Dor may be safely considered approvable as a Jedi species.

Sew Corellian
KJO DXO
Celestia Delegation Leader
Garcom Kanos ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JediDWH wrote:
We don't require any particular number of characters from any species. Plo Koon is a Jedi, therefore we may assume that others of his species may also be a Jedi. So Kel Dor may be safely considered approvable as a Jedi species.

Thank you very much for your response and your information.

I was lost in that subject and unknown details. For my part is to make a suit right and up to the Rebel Alliance.

In the case that I was wrong in my statement, I would hate a correction. But again I thank you for your response to my publication.

Greetings.
Shay Kenobi ()
Assistant Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That’s not entirely correct.

If you are applying as a specific character ( face character ) you are able to submit as that character with proper references, no questions asked.

If however, you are applying as a generic member of that species and wish to present your character in Jedi garb, you need to have 3 examples of members of that race being Jedi.

If there are 3 within that race that can be shown to be force sensitive ( Jedi ) you are good to go.

" Another happy landing "
Garcom Kanos ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shay Kenobi wrote:
That’s not entirely correct.

If you are applying as a specific character ( face character ) you are able to submit as that character with proper references, no questions asked.

If however, you are applying as a generic member of that species and wish to present your character in Jedi garb, you need to have 3 examples of members of that race being Jedi.

If there are 3 within that race that can be shown to be force sensitive ( Jedi ) you are good to go.

For the discharge of the suit, it would be presented as a generic member of that species. But, if there are no accessible references, is not it right to think that he is simply a member sensitive to force and is Jedi? Thanks for your answer.
Shay Kenobi ()

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That’s ok, there are many references to Jedi Kel Dor. If that’s the species that you are applying with as a Jedi, there is no problem Wink

Garcom Kanos ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shay Kenobi wrote:
That’s ok, there are many references to Jedi Kel Dor. If that’s the species that you are applying with as a Jedi, there is no problem Wink

Yes, it is simply a generic member of the species (for example Nautolans, Rodians, T'wileks, etc...).

But to your answer about attaching 3 references I appreciate it, that's good to take into account for future demands of suits.

Thank you
Shay Kenobi ()

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garcom, I have done some more research into this and will modify my answer slightly.

It is often referenced as 2+ which has sometimes been interpreted as at least 3. In consultation with the LMO team it has been decided that 2+ should mean 2 or more so based on this, we are happy if there is at least 2 references to establish a species as force sensitive Very Happy

More good news for those species with only 2 examples Wink

Just for a bit more info here, if something is quite out of the ordinary, to establish its place as approvable ( bad example but say....a Jedi wearing gloves ), three (3) examples of that is needed to allow its approval.

I hope that clears it up and sorry for the initial call but hopefully our interpretation makes it a bit easier for those unusual species to become Jedi Wink

Garcom Kanos ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shay Kenobi wrote:
Garcom, I have done some more research into this and will modify my answer slightly.

It is often referenced as 2+ which has sometimes been interpreted as at least 3. In consultation with the LMO team it has been decided that 2+ should mean 2 or more so based on this, we are happy if there is at least 2 references to establish a species as force sensitive Very Happy

More good news for those species with only 2 examples Wink

Just for a bit more info here, if something is quite out of the ordinary, to establish its place as approvable ( bad example but say....a Jedi wearing gloves ), three (3) examples of that is needed to allow its approval.

I hope that clears it up and sorry for the initial call but hopefully our interpretation makes it a bit easier for those unusual species to become Jedi Wink

Ok, I agree on your answer.

Thanks for this confirmation. I am going to take into account your answer to request in the future my request for a suit.

I will take care of this information.
ionicdesign (Michael)
Assistant Legion Membership Officer
Assistant Legion Membership Officer

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck with it Garcom Kanos (Omar).

As noted there have been many force Sensitive Kel Dor and Jedi so there is no issue there. Excited to see your build.

You might get it approved (together) with and without the Kel Dor parts for times when you don't want to wear the mask and other parts (hands, etc).

KJO Detachment XO/CO 2011–2013 • LCJ • Takodana Base XO • Legion Webmaster
Garcom Kanos ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ionicdesign wrote:
Best of luck with it Garcom Kanos (Omar).

As noted there have been many force Sensitive Kel Dor and Jedi so there is no issue there. Excited to see your build.

You might get it approved (together) with and without the Kel Dor parts for times when you don't want to wear the mask and other parts (hands, etc).

Thank you very much friend for your answer.

I thank you for your support. I really like species for suits, I think you can make many combinations.

Would you mind if I add you if you have an account on Facebook or Instagram?

Thank you.
Baris_Alrisul ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three references you can use for Kel-Dor generic Jedi: Plo Koon, Sha Koon, and Gnost-Dural.
Pride Squadron Mod
Leia (Senatorial, Ceremonial, ESB, and Issue 12 Jedi)
Resistance X-wing Pilot (Human/Pantoran TFA and Briefing Room)
Generic Jedi (Human/Pantoran)
Depa Billaba
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> EU Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: