Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=646359f1776a455130e216d3fea81975Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

G'Day from Tampa Bay, Wookiee style!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Btabc ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bacca9 wrote:
I have a separate bin for my masks. 32 qt I believe. I lay them face up and strap that to the top of my rolling bin. Hope that helps!

This does help, thank you very much! Smile
Starkiller
The Wookiee Workshop ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tandy does not have leather blanks that are the correct size for a bandolier just letting you know

Btabc wrote:
omel wrote:
Bandolier? satchel?

hands/gloves?

bowcaster? Smile

LOL thank you for these items!

Here's an updated list:

-Mask
-lifts (home made ones using some older fracture boots that I have laying around and will modify with calf support). I will be adding a lot of height to this, but the boots are a base
-mesh
-hair... LOTS and lots of hair lol
-magnets and or snaps for securing onto my lifts.
-suspenders
-toes (thinking of trying my hand at these... I have TONS of EVA foam laying around my garage haha)
-sound, I'm using my trooper talk that has a chewie file already (I use this with my Jawa, TK and Starkiller).

Addon
-Gloves with hair glued onto the backs
-Bandolier and satchel (possibly will attempt to make this myself as there is a nice leather store just up the road from myself and they have a lot of leather already cut into sections wide enough and long enough.)
-Bowcaster is optional, but just might do this

Here's another question for everyone. What do y'all use to carry around your chewbacca masks? I have seen one actually make a box with a stand inside to carry it around so they don't have to throw it inside their bin and get the hair messed up.

The Wookiee Workshop ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tandy does not have leather blanks that are the correct size for a bandolier just letting you know

Btabc wrote:
omel wrote:
Bandolier? satchel?

hands/gloves?

bowcaster? Smile

Here's an updated list:

-Mask
-lifts (home made ones using some older fracture boots that I have laying around and will modify with calf support). I will be adding a lot of height to this, but the boots are a base
-mesh
-suspenders
-toes (thinking of trying my hand at these... I have TONS of EVA foam laying around my garage haha)
-sound, I'm using my trooper talk that has a chewie file already (I use this with my Jawa, TK and Starkiller).

Addon
-Bandolier and satchel (possibly will attempt to make this myself as there is a nice leather store just up the road from myself and they have a lot of leather already cut into sections wide enough and long enough.)

Here's another question for everyone. What do y'all use to carry around your chewbacca masks? I have seen one actually make a box with a stand inside to carry it around so they don't have to throw it inside their bin and get the hair messed up.

Btabc ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wookiee Workshop wrote:

Btabc wrote:
omel wrote:
Bandolier? satchel?

hands/gloves?

bowcaster? Smile

Here's an updated list:

-Mask
-mesh
-suspenders

Addon

Oh, thanks for letting me know. I have a strip of 3 inch wide leather that I got from them and I was going to get another to trim that down slightly to make a bando.
Starkiller
The Wookiee Workshop ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 inches wide is correct, but the length you will need is about 76 inches long
Btabc ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wookiee Workshop wrote:
3 inches wide is correct, but the length you will need is about 76 inches long

Thank you! I was talking to one of my friends back in KY who owns a leather shop and gave him some measurements (3 inch wide and 76 inch lenght) and he was able to provide me with 2 76 inch strips and threw in a 1 inch one for the middle to hold the boxes on or to make for a different bandolier. Now I'm starting in on my lifts (trying to make my own at this moment as I have a LOT of excess lumber around the garage) and trying to find a pattern for the bandolier. I see where Adam Savage has his own, but it looks like he's using a 4 inch wide strip rather than a 3?

Does anyone know of some patterns so I could make my own?
Starkiller
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: