Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=af407ee5405940f15067dd0f7387bfbdMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ahsoka Tano Spacesuit "Cargo of Doom" TUTORIAL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ahsoka94 (Eleonora Scanu)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:20 am    Post subject: Ahsoka Tano Spacesuit "Cargo of Doom" TUTORIAL Reply with quote

Hi to all! Very Happy Ready for a New tutorial? My Ahsoka Tano from season 2 ep 2 "cargo of Doom" it's approved and i love to explain you how i made this new comfort costume! Smile so Let's start!

Reference

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

Bracers and Boots
They are the same that I made for my Ahsoka Season 1-2 and here you can find the method of how to do them:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89797

Gloves
The craziest thing I've evere made...since I wanted them identical to the fabric of the bracers I decided to sew them by hand, but if you have the chance to find them of the same color and already made, buy them! Shocked
this immage is from my WIP on my Instagram stories so if you want to check in real time my WIP this is my profile:
https://www.instagram.com/ahsoka94/

Bodysuit
I bought my Bodysuit here:
https://www.zentai-zentai.com/burgundy-thick-velvet-spandex-zentai-full-bodysuit-products-3361.html
Chosing the options: custom sizes, without hood and hands and I asked in the order details for an inner zip. When I tryed it for the first time the crotch height was very low because there were also feet attatched at the bodysuit, with a small sartorial change I removed the feet and the crotch height went up and fit me perfectly.

Clone Belt
1) Whear your bodysuit (or something similar), wrap the waist with transparent film, cover it with paper tape enough to draw a draft belt.
2)Cut on the back and lay it out on paper and copy the shape, adjusting where it is needed. Try the new pattern on you if it fit good.
3) Transfer the paper pattern on Foam High density thick 1cm and heats it with a hot gun to make her take the curved shape of your waist. I also engraved the vertical lines with a hot engraver (you can try with the dremel too)

I'm tall 160cm and the measurements of my belt are:
-Height 8cm
-Thickness 1cm
Measurements of the large box are:
-Height of the inner face 12,5cm and of the outer face 11,5cm (there is a gap between the 2)
-Width 8cm
-Thickness 2,2cm
To make the boxe I always made the paper pattern and I tried it on the belt to see if it could be ok with the proportions, I cut 2 foam faces of 1cm and highest 12,5cm, 1 of foam 2mm where I made the hole and I glued all. To make The gap i signed in the outer face with the hole a difference of 1cm and I scratched away with a dremel the flat surface to make it tilt. Same with the other boxe.

For Thermal detonator use a pvc tube with a diameter of 5cm and long in proportion of your back. Make the 2 groove large 1cm on the tube with a dremel. Make 1cm foam plugs to close the holes and gluing them, above glue the circles details using the 2mm foam (look at the photos to understand)

To color everything I used 2 cans of plastidip. It is really not very covering, so I used a lot, but it remains elastic on the foam and doesn't risk to crack when you widen the belt to put it on and take it off. For the dirtying I used some simple light gray acrylic with an old brush and a sponge( following the reference), to make greater depth to the grooves of the belt I painted them black with a tiny brush.

In the end I sprayed an elastic protective transparent opaque for plastic and I glued with "Attack" all the pieces to the belt in the right positions. For the closure I used simple velcro on the inside and on the back.

Tabbard
I commissioned a new leather tabbard on this Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/phoenixleatherworking/
He really did a great job following all my directions and my paper pattern with attached the perfect measures for me. I highly recommend him, also because the price is so cheap for the grat work!

Headpiece
The headpiece is the same of my season 1-2 so you can find how i made it in the other tutorial wich I linked above. I just had to darken the blue which was too light. If you are interested in one of this I'm open for commissions, you can contact me on my fb page for all the info:
https://www.facebook.com/ahsoka94creations/

And here you are the final result:

You can find the photo of the all side in my RL profile here:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=19969&bu=profile.php%3Fmode%3Dviewprofile%26u%3D102478&bl=Back+to+Ahsoka94%27s+profile
So this is the end, I'm open to any questions for clarification and I hope my English is understandable... Laughing May the force be with you! Ben
Flight nurse Jedi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks awesome. Great job. Ahsoka is my favorite clone wars character!
Ahsoka94 (Eleonora Scanu)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flight nurse Jedi wrote:
Looks awesome. Great job. Ahsoka is my favorite clone wars character!

Thank you so much! She's my favourite Character in absolute! ahsoka
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: