Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b8b8e81e74d1fb50a42dbdf74e96ecfcMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

KotOR-Inspired Generic Jedi
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> EU Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's been a long time, and I'm finally working on my husband's (yes, I married him since I started the costume...) KotOR Jedi costume. I assembled most of the belt tonight. I still need to finish the closure bit, but I want to try it on him with the costume first so I get the fit right.

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo

Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS FaceBook | RLGS Web Site
Aldrums24 (Alexis Lopez)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello, and congrats of this Beauty Costume, i will start a new KOTOR with blue,, how do you do that Leather Shoulder parts and the forearms?? Thank you

Trust no one. Trust…only…in the Force. - Cal Kestis
We must fight, to victory or death, for the REPUBLIC -Jace Malcom (The Old Republic)

SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great! I love seeing more KotOR Jedi.

For the shoulders, I used a piece of black leather that was pretty thick to begin with. I cut it in the shape I wanted, and then I soaked it in water until it started to sink. This makes it shapeable.

I wrapped it around something kind of round, stretched it, and held it in place for a while to get the curve I wanted, bent it in the middle, and then put some rubber bands around it to hold it's shape while it dried.

I attached it to the shoulder with some industrial sticky-back velcro, the kind people often use on patches.

For the bracers, I used a much thinner black leather. After I figured out a pattern I wanted out of paper, I cut it out of leather and then sewed it together with a very small seam allowance on my sewing machine. I also soaked these to stretch the hand opening so that they would go on easier. When sewing leather on your sewing machine, you'll want a special organ needle for leather and fairly strong thread.

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo

Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS FaceBook | RLGS Web Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> EU Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: