Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0b6b1270835c4c4c73830827a612d2dbMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Episode IX Rey's Lightsaber Discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Koda Vonnor (BillCostigan)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:22 pm    Post subject: Episode IX Rey's Lightsaber Discussion Reply with quote

In the trailer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqY-kKs4q2M) we can see it is indeed a unique design. Definitely based on the Graflex flash handle but the clamp section is different from all the other versions we've seen. The clamp box looks smaller and there is a black band that goes around the hilt (@0:23). Also look at 0:28. Notice at least one of the black grip strips has a slot cut into it, presumable as a built-in belt clip? If so, that would suggest rigid grips rather than rubber. Lastly, by the spacing there may be seven grips instead of six?
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been coining this the Graft-lex. From the panel I know Daisy has said the Skywalker saber lives but it seems like she eludes to a new weapon coming to her too.
Grimwalker (Derrick Billings)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am betting that Rey built herself a new one based on Luke’s in layout, but sized for her. This one appears shorter and narrower overall, and there seems to be no clamp at all—to me the band around the center seems brown, with a detail bit mounted on it that looks almost like a watch face. So...call this the watchband?

Anyway, Daisy Ridley has petite hands and the Graflex saber always did look quite clumsy and oversized in closeups. This seems much better suited.

👍 IMHO
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a few hi res shots from a few saber groups like the vault which show the grip having a slit built into it and the re-banding of the mid section. She probably just grafts the two pieces together which makes the hilt shorter, removed the D ring and changes a grip. I guess we'll know soon.
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a few hi res shots from a few saber groups like the vault which show the grip having a slit built into it and the re-banding of the mid section. She probably just grafts the two pieces together which makes the hilt shorter, removed the D ring and changes a grip. I guess we'll know soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: