Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=742ff8781fd818381486fc03a9161b05Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

ROTJ Luke WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DefinitelyNotASith ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject: ROTJ Luke WIP Reply with quote

Hey,
Finally decided on putting together an ROTJ Luke (Death Star Duel) costume. I've done some research into it though could do with some help.

I recently received my Korbanth LS6, which I'm going to install with a crystal chamber and neopixel. However it's the costume which I'm having trouble with.

This covers most of the costume and seems like it would pass the standards - https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/676064460/luke-skywalker-rotj-inspired-costume?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=luke+skywalker+tunic&ref=sr_gallery-1-13

I'm not sure where to find the boots, though the glove shouldn't be too hard to find. If I'm missing anything or you have any improvements I can make let me know!
Thank you
wabbit89 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found my boots on eBay. Equestrian boots.

The glove was actually tricky, due to having a hard time finding one with no lines or designs on the back of the hand, but I found one on Amazon.

The costume you've linked seemed pretty good, but I can't see details, as it only had one picture? So can't say if it would be approved. I will say you can find it for much less, cost-wise, usually, if you build it one piece at a time (ie, the trousers aren't hard to find if you do some looking to find tuxedo trousers without pockets).
It matters which side we choose. Even if there will never be more light than darkness... For every life we touch, it matters. I don't turn toward the light because it means some day I'll win some sort of cosmic game. I turn toward it because it is the light.

Qui-Gon Jinn, Master and Apprentice, Claudia Gray
YunSolo92 ()

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam is very familiar with Rebel Legion standards: several members have been approved with his Solo gear. Get yourself a good pair of equestrian boots that have the appropriate look, same with a glove. With those combined with your saber and Adam's work, you should be approved no problem.
corelliandrygoods ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys!

Poking around the boards I saw this post and wanted to just update a few things!

I didn't have a great opportunity to photograph a lot of that costume well, and I have updated a few things! The pouch on the belt is now thinner (about 1 inch) and the shirts collar closes tighter. The trousers do have the riding seam, and stripe on the sides, as well as stirrups, etc.

I try not to really mention anything about RL standards on my listings. Lots of questions come in as to if my work is "RL Approved" which as you all know, no maker can say that honestly as it is all subjective.

I will try to grab some better photos of that costume ASAP (as I want to submit it myself!)
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look forward to seeing your pictures. Smile And thanks for not going with the 'RL approved' in your listings; most who say that do not produce/sell something that is readily approvable and it should be an instant red flag if seen on any listing.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
corelliandrygoods ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to hijack the thread, but I do have some more updated photos! I redid everything on this costume (I still need my glove and wig for this) but as you can see, there are a lot of small changes.

I have everything listed on my other thread (just posted to the forum) that goes over everything, but here are some pics!

It is hard to see in the photos, but the bib is linen!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: