Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=86b2adf9df0e77d2096d36d0e2057e48Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Base CO resignation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Asia/Pacific -> Cathar Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skulls ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:34 pm    Post subject: Base CO resignation Reply with quote

Good day to all the members of Cathar Base Singapura. As you know I’ve taken up the position of Executive Officer and just a few months ago as Commanding Officer because Herve Cotton, our Ex-CO has taken a role at legion level as Executive Officer.

In the time of my service, there were a couple of events that was of the utmost importance. Our Chingay get-together, May 4th celebrations & the two Sandcrawler troops which we got news of at the very last minute.

The Chingay get-together was just something that was already there and there wasn’t a need for me to share anything else other than to inform the location, date & time for all our members.

We were told that May 4th celebrations would not happen at the very last minute and so all the heads of the various costume groups got together and started discussions on how we were going to go ahead to do this. I brought my XO (Tyrene), EO (Alez) down for that meeting. We then later went to site recce both Cairnhill CC & Our Tampines Hub. We later arranged for a meeting with the management of OTH to discuss on what we were able to offer and tried to find out more of the space we will be allowed to use. I wouldn’t deny that OTH would have made a great location but with the kind of space we were given, it would make it look like we’re the side show and so we all agreed that Cairnhill CC was the best option available to us with much support from FS and CCC. It was a blast and I thank you for all the support.

When May 4th celebrations were over, there was a call for a command team meeting. At this meeting, every command team member present at the table said that I should have shared more information for them to discuss about various events like May 4th, the fan gathering & that I did not give them information earlier for discussion. This is an incredible accusation from people demanding to know things outside of their roles. I had already secured the location and given dates for all to discuss on what should be done at the booth, but nothing was said. The same people with zero input on the actual work, complaining about lack of unnecessary information.

Roles exist for a reason, but I see Events overstepping into membership, PR officers overstepping into Event management, officer going against clear directions. I’ve taken up this position to get the job done, not to please my command team. It is obvious that there is a faction among you who think they have a right to dictate the way the base is run, under many different and tired excuses. Buzzwords like "professionalism" are nothing but a cover for interfering with the organisation structure and satisfying your own egos.

Due to my new job that requires me to work a six day week, I have decided to resign as Commanding Officer of Cathar Base Singapura as of 11/6/19

Predator Squadron (Squadron Commander)
TK 6686 - 501st Legion Singapore Garrison
Skulls - Rebel Legion Cathar Outpost
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Asia/Pacific -> Cathar Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: