Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d0df9d1dac2e14b8e5e2663fbdf42cd5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

TLJ Resistance Ground Crew Tech WIP (Riva Rosetta)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
navarre1095 (CHARLES GRAY)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually, the first person to do the costume plays a big part in the standards development. You have certainly set the bar.
Put them together here and the judging team will help.

Rebel Legion Costumes: Fleet Trooper, Tusken, Old Ben Kenobi, Clone, Malakilli,

501st Costumes: Imperial Navy, Crew, Bantha Bantha Rider, Clone, Zuckuss, Snowtrooper, Malakilli, A'sharad Hett

XO- HMS Hexapuma, Captain (jg) TRMN

Ordained Priest, Church of the Latter Day Dude
mbotastic ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navarre1095 wrote:
Usually, the first person to do the costume plays a big part in the standards development. You have certainly set the bar.
Put them together here and the judging team will help.

Awesome! Ok, well here's my first crack at it. Its a lot! I pulled a lot from the Rose Tico CRL but added more detail. I also put the headset as optional since there is reference for people wearing this livery without it. I was pretty particular so if people thing something should be more flexible or optional I'm game. Like for example I put that there is not under arm seam on the sleeves. While true, its probably not necessary and the sleeves are a pain to make.

1. Jumpsuit:
Color: The jumpsuit is made of a heavy fabric (canvas or similar) in a honey or mustard yellow color with heavy weathering. All visible stitching is the same shade to slightly lighter than the fabric color.

Hood: There is a hood attached to the collar of the jumpsuit and has a center panel. The hood should fall to the back yoke. Panel seems of the hood are top stitched. Hood has curved cut out where it lays at the shoulder and optional partial panel seam at shoulders (see hood reference photos).

Seams: All seams except the inseam of the legs and shouldere felled and top stitched.

Front and back yoke: The Jumpsuit has a front and back yoke across the chest and upper back lining up with the armpit.

Legs: Vertical seams run from the middle of the front yoke down the center front of the chest legs finishing at the hem. The pants are tucked into the boots and bloused hiding the top of the boots.

Sleeves: The sleeves have seams on the front and back that line up with the front and back yoke seams. The sleeve has no underarm seam. The right sleeve has tan elastic or webbing sewn on to hold 4 hose connectors and is placed on the upper arm 2 inches below the should seam.

Zipper: The suit has a front zipper that goes from the crotch to the front yoke. The zipper is hidden by a placket. The placket covers the zipper from the left size.

Waistband: The jumpsuit has a waist band that has 5 rows of top stitching evenly spaced.

Belt loops: there are belt loops at the waist band on each side at the side seam.

2. Pockets and patches: There are three pockets and an ID patch. Pockets should be proportional to wearer and made of the same material as the jumpsuit.

Rank badge pocket/pouch: a rectangular pocket attached on the left side directly above to slightly on top of the front yoke seam. Centered between the front opening and the armpit. Pouch is rectangular with the top, bottom and right sides being narrow and the left side being 2-3x as wide. The rank badge greeblie is inserted into the pouch.

Chest pocket: On the left side of chest directly under the front yoke seam and aligned with the rank badge pouch and sewn over the front vertical seam. Chest pocket is centered on the chest between the placket seam and the armpit. The chest pocket is cargo style with bellows around the top facing and a front flat covering the opening. The bellows has a row of top stitching down the middle all the way around. The front flap of the pocket has a double row of top stitching that runs around the sides and bottom edge. The front face of the pocket has 5 rows of vertical top stitching. There is also top stitching around the face of the pocket. The pocket is attached to the body of the jumpsuit with top stitching as a complete pocket. The front flap has a dark grey 1.5” webbing tab attached.

Leg pocket: left leg around mid thigh set between the center outer seams. Pockets should be proportional to the costumer and is slightly larger than the chest pocket in length. Pocket is constructed as a cargo pocket with side bellows that make it stand out from the leg. The pocket has a flap with a grey webbing tab same as chest pocket and there is top stitching around the edges of the flap. Leg pocket flap also has vertical lines of top stitching: 7 lines on the right side of the flap, 2 in the center and 7 on the left side. The pocket also has top stitching around the front face of the pocket and a center line of top stitching around
the middle of the pocket bellows. There is a window in the thigh pocket for the com pad. There is top stitching around the window.

ID Patch: Attached on the right chest just below the front yoke and centered between the center middle and armpit over top of the center seam. Square and slightly smaller than the left pocket. Patch as the following Aurebesh:

“GLD Landing Officer” in Aurebesh lettering. “GLD” is on on one line, with “Landing Officer” on the second line in in smaller type ending roughly at the end of GLD. In the bottom right corner is “71” in ¼” type.

3. Greeblies

Rank Badge: There is a rank badge on the jumpsuit above the chest pocket sewn into a small fabric pocket. The left side of the pocket is not sewn to the jumpsuit which allows the badge to be removed. The badge is silver with a round button on the right hand side that is mustard yellow. There are 3 raised rectangular pieces in the upper left hand corner, 2 small silver buttons under the right 2 rectangles, and a raised cylinder in the right hand side.
Hose Connectors: There are 4 barbed hose connectors on the right shoulder of the jumpsuit. They are 2” long and held on with 1” tan webbing (same webbing as on the sleeve). The same type of connectors are also on the belt.

Com Pad: There is a com pad in the thigh pocket. The window for the com pad is approximately 2.5”x2.5” but will be proportional to the wearers pocket. It is silver, with 2 red buttons on the lower left side. There is a raised gear like circle on the upper right side that takes up most of the com pad.

4. Belt:
The belt is a PLCE military style belt worn inside out. It is made of ribbed nylon webbing. It is tan or grey in color, 2” wide, and has a silver roll-pin buckle. There are 5 hose connectors on each side of the buckle, held on with 1” tan webbing or elastic.

5. Boots:
The boots are brown or black leather or leather like material, with flat black rubber soles. They come to mid calf and have top-stitching.

6. Inner vest
Vest is made of the same material as the jumpsuit. It has a mandarin collar and top stitching along facing of the opening. Vest is worn under the jumpsuit with the collar visible.

7. Flash hood
Flash hood is a balaclava style head covering that has an opening that frames the face. It is made of a dark brown or maroon colored material and can be worn up or down. If worn up it is worn with the headset. It should be long enough that when worn up it stays tucked into the jumpsuit and vest. There is no visible undershirt.

Optional:
Headset: Headset is worn with the flash hood up and consists of a visor, headband and two ear pods with ear cushions.

Visor: Orange and curved over the forehead. Has etched lines as seen in the references. Visor should be proportional to the wearers head. Visor connects to the ear pods with black connectors.

Ear pods: These are the same as the ear pods on an A-wing helmet from The Last Jedi. The ear pods are 1-2x larger than the wearers ears and are characterized by stacked tapered rings with a center well with a cog or gear look and a center well with a red center cylinder. The ear pods are painted black

Headband: black and connects from one ear pod to the other.

Ear cushions: large, round and black
mbotastic ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there was a string issues with the forums and alerts going to spam folders so I just wanted to post something in case folks didn't see it. But no rush! Just never written CRL's before.
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made sure the judges were aware of it.

501st Costumes: Imperial Navy, Crew, Bantha Bantha Rider, Clone, Zuckuss, Snowtrooper, Malakilli, A'sharad Hett

mbotastic ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navarre1095 wrote:
I made sure the judges were aware of it.

Awesome! Thanks!
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will holler at them again.

Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LMO thinks it looks good too. The process was changed a bit a year ago.
Please move what you have to here and start the ball rolling
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=96554

mbotastic ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I missed this! I'll work on moving it over today or tomorrow. thanks!

navarre1095 wrote:
The LMO thinks it looks good too. The process was changed a bit a year ago.
Please move what you have to here and start the ball rolling
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=96554
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: