Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=635e53d3118bab092cccf925f6f38d46Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Rey's boots for TFA and TLJ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Rey
View previous topic :: View next topic  
annie_kin33 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject: Rey's boots for TFA and TLJ Reply with quote

Do Rey's boots have to be Po-zu ones?

I wear size 11s in women's and when you mouse over the sizes it looks like their size 42 is a 10 so it doesn't look like those will work out Sad

For those who didn't go the po-zu route how did you work on your boots for your Reys?

I'd appreciate any help or suggestion, ^-^ thanks.
wabbit89 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
2018 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. You do not have to shell out for pozu. I do have the pozu boots for Jakku and Resistance Rey (most expensive shoe purchase I've ever made - that hurt), but I made my TLJ ones (because couldn't do that again in good conscience). Let me see if I can find pics.
It matters which side we choose. Even if there will never be more light than darkness... For every life we touch, it matters. I don't turn toward the light because it means some day I'll win some sort of cosmic game. I turn toward it because it is the light.

Qui-Gon Jinn, Master and Apprentice, Claudia Gray

Last edited by wabbit89 () on Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
wabbit89 ()
Active Legion Member

2018 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. So. I bought these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Flat-Strappy-Buckle-Riding-Knee-Thigh-High-Boot-Womens-Shoes-Size-6-10-NEW/201136301218?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Then I cut the tops off and made spats (with loops for the laces) from them. I cut off all the straps and glued the spats to the boots and then laced them with some leather cord, like so:

It looks like these only go up to a ten, as well, but I bet we could find you something bigger. Any type of high boot like this would work. I'm not super skilled at this, and these were my first boots to modify, so it's not too hard. Wink
It matters which side we choose. Even if there will never be more light than darkness... For every life we touch, it matters. I don't turn toward the light because it means some day I'll win some sort of cosmic game. I turn toward it because it is the light.

wabbit89 ()
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the other Rey boots, there are a lot of tutorials online about how to make them from Ugg type boots. I haven't researched them a lot and have no experience with this myself.

I found a tutorial to help me make my TLJ boots. It looks like I didn't bookmark it, and I can't find it right now, but I bet it's still out there.

I would also consider, if you use FB, joining the Scavenger Sisters group. I'm not on FB myself, but I know they are very helpful for this. The RPF (Replica Prop Forum) Rey thread was helpful to me, too, but it's been ages since I've visited it, so I can't say that's still true. Still the older stuff would still apply to a new build.

mckninja (Ashley McKnight)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many good options that are not po-zu. I would carefully read through the standards and shop around to try and find the best option.
There's also the option of buying a base boot and making a cover to imitate the screen-accurate style.
annie_kin33 ()

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate the tips, I've been hunting around for boots that look like shorter shafts ones she wears, the non-hero style, but it's a bit tricky...the joys of wearing size 11 shoes Confused . I mean, I will eventually need a pair if I make a hero Rey costume but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

And Wabbit89 nice work on your hero Rey boots, they look great ^-^.
wabbit89 ()
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

And good luck!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Rey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: