Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=09707863fa63d2879e3d0d96bb97576eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Wookiee Storage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swagger (Vic)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:03 am    Post subject: Wookiee Storage Reply with quote

What are some ways people are transporting their Wookiee costumes, stilts, masks etc?
ST-26868 | Shoretrooper Squad Leader

Dune Sea Garrison
secureideas ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a mannequin in my office.
Sky Guy ()

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here Mannequin, mine was used but cheap $100.00 (on line) But you could make a Gear Horse (Marine Corps term) by PVC. Would look like a Scarecrow. by at least He'll air out. A Stinky Wookie is Not Good.
Wookiee_hug ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also wondering what is the best option for travel/ storage. Currently I have a rolling hockey bag which I put my stilts, bandolier, shirt, and pants into. I use a wedding dress garment bag for my pants and shirt and gloves which I fold into the hockey bag. But, I still have to hold my mask by hand.

I'm wondering what you guys use to transport your mask?
Scouser (Devlin)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a large Husky wheeled tool tote from Home Depot to carry everything except stilts. It comes with a carry bin which I put extra hair, tools, sound items and speaker, eye makeup, makeup cleaner, tape, batteries, brush, detangler, etc. Pretty much everything I need to get ready, fix/repair and maybe help others. Under that bin I have my mask in it's own plastic container that keeps it from getting messed up and moving around. The other half of the tool case I put my folded pants, shirt and bando. It still has some extra room most of the time, so can add my wife's ewok if needed.

My stilts go in an extra goalie leg pad bag I have. They fit perfectly in that and keep them from giving away the Chewbacca illusion.

Works great and is very tidy. I can get that tote in most larger vehicles, when I owned a mustang there was no way it was going into that car at all. So it is a bit on bigger side, but I love it. I would just like to develop a better way of attaching my barstool to it when I roll it. Took about a month, but I managed to find the perfect height wooden, tall bar stool I drag around with me so I can sit down. Before that stool I was having to resort to trashcans and things that were taller than normal chairs. Not the cleanest surfaces so at least now I feel better about troops because I can sit down and not have to worry about germs, nasty surfaces, etc. or just getting out of the suit completely when I am worn out.
Dewkazza - Wookiee Elder (Generic)
Horr'orr - ANH Tusken/Bantha Rider (501st (DZ-91919) & Rebel Legion)
Grand Moff Tarkin (ID-91919)
Tie Pilot Reserve (TI-91919)
Bridge Crew: Engineer (IC-91919)
swagger (Vic)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on everyone’s advice here I decided to go with a 60” trifold wedding bag for the pants and top. For the stilts and other stuff I’m going to use a 36” tower goalie bag.

As for the mask I’m still at a loss as to the best way to transport it. Any other ideas for that? Thanks.
ST-26868 | Shoretrooper Squad Leader

Dune Sea Garrison
Sky Guy ()

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowling Ball Bag. Or go custom Helmet Bag. You can get them on Etsy Or Ebay.
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think a hard case of some sort would be best, for the mask. I'll bet it would fit in one of Darth Hair's big helmet cases.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just use my Husky Travel Chest. Everything fits Fine. Feet under the Mini Bin, (Demonica Boots with Lifts) the Pants on the bottom, Upper Piece on Top and Mask on that. Plenty of room but not enough to toss around the Mask.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: