Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=835c2c25ec9878ee846e546cd40ff608Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

TFA X-Wing Pilot Costume Break Down
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaren Valnor (Ryan Miorelli)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

L Kamino wrote:
Sorry if it's in this long thread somewhere and I missed it, but I'm helping out another member who is just starting to work on this one. He said there was a sticky topic that had a pattern for the flight suit but it appears to have been taken down. Is there a pattern available at all? Or is there a good WIP with pics someone can recommend? Any help appreciated.

Thought I was going crazy, because I remember there being a sticky like that too. Anyone know what happened?
Thumper (Katie Zajdel)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean the thread about modifying the KwikSew pattern for the flight suit? I don't know what happened to it here, but I saved the thread to my hard drive last month. I can e-mail the file to anyone who wants it, just PM me your e-mail address.
Jayse001 ()

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject: resistance X-Wing pilot Chest Plate Reply with quote

Wonder if I can get help on this.
Some pictures I have seen show a chest plate behind the Chest box. Is this something that I would need to get approval for the kit.
Or can the chest box be on the outfit without the back plate?
Kylo Ren (Dawn Bright)
Assistant Membership Officer
Assistant Membership Officer

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: resistance X-Wing pilot Chest Plate Reply with quote

Jayse001 wrote:
Some pictures I have seen show a chest plate behind the Chest box. Is this something that I would need to get approval for the kit.

You should be just fine without it.

LMO 501st Legion ALMO Rebel Legion
Jerrick Sunrunner (Mark Mulcaster)
Elstree Base CO
Elstree Base CO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: resistance X-Wing pilot Chest Plate Reply with quote

Jayse001 wrote:

The chest box usually attaches to a loop of fabric on the flightsuit by means of a decent clip.
With my vest for example the back plate is attached to the vest and that's how the vest is done-up. So i'd of thought visually you'd need as the vest would be lacking a fairly large detail.
BigFatCat (Geoff Hawley)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the plate forms the join between the two wings of the life vest with the box clipped through the grey or interstellar orange loop about 2 inches below the collar. The box itself sits over the life vest plate with the hose descending into the trouser region. I haven't seen another way of the X-Wing life vests being held together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: