Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=bc0a2e724e6b6877f9f58d2b47c8687aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Season 4 Sabine (latter part of the season)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> TV shows Rebels and Clone Wars costumes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDAllonsy ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject: Season 4 Sabine (latter part of the season) Reply with quote

Hello,

I am working on the season 4 Sabine build where her pants and the top are both black/grey and her armor is purple/yellow. My armor and other bits should be ready soon, in the mean time, I'm still looking for boots, gloves and the pants/top material as well as a stitch pattern that can be used to make them.

I'm fairly new to the world of cosplay, so to say that I'm confused about certain things, would be an understatement. Any help would be appreciated when it comes to hunting down the proper materials for my costume so the approval process goes well once everything is ready.

Much thanks,
TDAllonsy ()

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attempting to hunt down proper material to make the top and bottom soft parts of the costume. What's a good material to use? As far as I understand it's spandex-like, but I have no idea how the material behaves when sewn together. ( black and grey ) I'm not entirely sure what I'm working here as I've not done work like this before. Any ideas what's a good material to work with that'll look good and 'screen accurate'?

Also, are there any sewing samples/patterns for the Sabine outfit that I can use? Thanks.
Stellar Corona ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a few friends that have used this in charcoal and black: https://www.fabricwholesaledirect.com/products/ponte-de-roma-knit-fabric

For the pattern, I usually just modify existing patterns. I either trace out the pattern and then draw on where I need the color blocking and make sure to add a seam allowance. Alternatively, you could order a cheap bodysuit or shirt and leggings off amazon, have a friend draw the pattern, and then cut them up for pattern pieces. Again, just remember to add seam allowances where you cut.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> TV shows Rebels and Clone Wars costumes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: