Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ac8e720ec910f0e14cd8262e819bbe1aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Han Solo ANH WIP Sydney

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freppy (William Bond)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:48 pm    Post subject: Han Solo ANH WIP Sydney Reply with quote

I am starting up a Han Solo costume! ANH, since that is probably my favourite Han look.. I have a full Anakin ROTS Pre-suit costume, but it has some broken bits, and is very cumbersome to wear and cart around (especially with the lightsaber) - it's awesome, to wear, but I need something a bit more 'lightweight' for times when I don't want to be weighed down!

As such, I'm starting up a Han Solo ANH!

I have purchased so far:

Shirt, vest, pants: Cosplaysky
These fit awesomely! I purchased a small since I'm 165cm tall, and small build, and they do fit really well I think. A small bit of tapering and fixing here and there and this should be approvable.

3 hole belt: ebay. Hasn't arrived yet, but it looks pretty good. I'll remove the middle prong. 1.7" wide.

Gun belt/holster: ebay (includes droid caller). This one apparently needs a little tinkering with pliers/side cutters. Easily done.

Greeblies: ebay. Full set. Should be fine.

Gun: I will 3d print this myself, and paint it the right colour! 3D printers are awesome!

Boots: Looking at a couple of options, but probably ebay. These are pretty standard.

Once I get all things together, I'll put them all on, and hopefully this should be a fairly straightforward approval! I'm aiming for Sydney Supanova to have this completed by, so I can wear this around the con floor to test it out!

Cheers
freppy (William Bond)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been working on my Han Solo ANH!

I have all the bits now, everything arrived nicely and timely. I tried everything on and it all fits (though some minor adjustments here and there are required - detail below). I'll be ready for approval shots very soon I think!

Fixups:
1. Vest is a bit long! In the full length photos, I have pinned this up a bit, and it =should= be OK like this... So I need this properly sewn in.

2. Shirt needs to be yellower! Right now it's very white. Needs more yellowing! Does anyone have advice on yellowing shirts a little bit to get a more 'cream' look? I think I heard once to submerge in tea?

3. Belt rear metal thingy is the wrong shape (provided like this from seller). I need to cut this back a bit, so need to buy some tools to be able to do this!

4. Boots. Could be stretched a bit, they are quite tight to get on and off, though this isn't major.

5. The DL-44 is still in pieces, this needs to be fully assembled... Though how are we for bringing prop guns to events?

Joe Solo (José Hermosa)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the gas canister goes in the first loop (near the buckle) Wink
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! That's been fixed now. I also realised I had forgotten to put the silver disc thing on the belt, this is now on there.

I finished up the DL-44 I found online too. There are a few inaccuracies about it, but would this be 'approvable' to use? That being said, Australia has pretty strict gun laws, so I don't actually think I would be allowed to have this with me on most troops!

Next up will be tea to the shirt, then hemming the vest, and expanding the boots, and cutting the rear belt thingy.
ladysolo14 ()
Legion Membership Officer
Legion Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freppy wrote:

I finished up the DL-44 I found online too. There are a few inaccuracies about it, but would this be 'approvable' to use?

Good work so far. I'm no judge but I'd think your DL-44 would be approvable. My ESB blaster isn't perfect but looks the part and was approved Smile
Joe Solo (José Hermosa)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freppy wrote:
Thanks! That's been fixed now. I also realised I had forgotten to put the silver disc thing on the belt, this is now on there.

I finished up the DL-44 I found online too. There are a few inaccuracies about it, but would this be 'approvable' to use? That being said, Australia has pretty strict gun laws, so I don't actually think I would be allowed to have this with me on most troops!

Next up will be tea to the shirt, then hemming the vest, and expanding the boots, and cutting the rear belt thingy.

Yeah, there is a small, tiny, little detail... the scope dial should be closer to the scope mount...

If you can fix it, it will be OK...
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEED HELP!

My pants have a 'riding seam' already in them... Though is this an approvable riding seam? I can't seem to find a direct answer from these forums!!

...Or would my 3 bits need to be the pintuck, boots, and embroidered blood stripes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: