Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1b7d4342830099806bf27c0396b8b7a2Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

3D Print Files forB-Wing Pilot Helmet/Chest Box

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> B-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RebelJedi77 (Jason Stoxen)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject: 3D Print Files forB-Wing Pilot Helmet/Chest Box Reply with quote

In this modern era of prop-making, 3D printers are becoming more and more common as affordable household appliances. Last year, I stumbled upon a maker, Alain Rivard, who created and is currently selling the files he created for the B-Wing Pilot helmet. I took a gamble and purchased one of his files, printed the helmet, and let me tell you I was not the least bit disappointed! I am currently in the process of (slowly) printing more helmets to be able to make in different color schemes, try different filament material, etc. Here is the link to his file, which is being sold as a "personal use" item, so please don't share the file or use it to make/sell helmets if you decide to purchase it.

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-models/art/scans-replicas/star-wars-return-of-the-jedi-b-wing-pilote-helmet

Since I was so pleased with his work on the helmet, I messaged him ad asked if he would be willing to do a file set for the chest box and he replied pretty quickly and stated that he would, but only if he could get 15 people to commit to purchasing the file set before he would start working on it. Of course, I asked him what he estimates it would cost for a single file set, to which he replied "maybe in the $30 range".

So, the point of mentioning that is, as I'm sure pretty much anyone reading this could have guessed by now, is I am looking to see if we could drum up enough interest in order for him to create the file. Sounds like a reasonable cost to me, and if it works out, could be very beneficial to many aspiring B-Wing pilots for years to come.

Please feel free to chime in with any questions/comments/concerns you might have, or I'm sure you can message the maker directly though the link on his product page.
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always nice to see more stuff out there. Smile The helmet does look very nice, though do keep in mind the helmets used in ROTJ had the top back edge extended and the wedge greeblie on top no longer hangs off of the back. Only the prototype helmets had the narrower edge (one of them even has "too thin" written inside of it).

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> B-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: