Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=08f68b1a6fd0b4422dcf8bd04e1cf49bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Rebels Mon Mothma WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Animated Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SwoozyC (Danielle Clay)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:23 am    Post subject: Rebels Mon Mothma WIP Reply with quote

I've been wanting to make a Mon Mothma for several months now, so I'm finally working on it! I don't see that there is a posted CRL for Rebels Mothma yet, but it looks like at least one person (JediBariss) has submitted.

Here are some of the references I am using (mostly taken from JediBariss's thread):

I picked out my main fabrics today:

The jumpsuit I will be making out of a heavy, cool toned white 4 way stretch material. The tabard will be out of a heavy satin, but I"ll be using the matte side as the "right" side and the shiny side as the "wrong" side.

As for the detail lines, I think I make them by sewing over the fabric with a gray thread. I'm going to have to play around with what looks best.

Any thoughts are appreciated!
tenebris (empathy)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the tabbard needs to be a wool? Its def heavier than a satin and matt looking.
SwoozyC (Danielle Clay)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tenebris wrote:
I think the tabbard needs to be a wool? Its def heavier than a satin and matt looking.

Thatís the hard thing with not having a CRL. But it looks like JediBarriss was approved with a heavy cotton-looking tabard. Iíll see how this looks once Iíve made and go from there. Iíbe made the jumpsuit and am already considering remaking it hahaha.
tenebris (empathy)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was a felt/melton off the top of my head, it will need to be heavy enough to support the decoration and kind of hold its shape.......You could use a lighter fabric and interface and interline I guess?

I you fancy starting a CRL discussion it needs doing Smile
SwoozyC (Danielle Clay)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tenebris wrote:
I think it was a felt/melton off the top of my head, it will need to be heavy enough to support the decoration and kind of hold its shape.......You could use a lighter fabric and interface and interline I guess?

I you fancy starting a CRL discussion it needs doing Smile

Yes her original one was felt or something similar! She never posted whether or not it was approved, so I went and checked her profile to see if it was on there. She mustíve completely remade it at some point bc the one that was approved is not the same WIP she posted in the forum.

How do start working on the CRL? Iím still really new here so I donít know how to get that started, but Iíd be happy to!
RebelLady (Kristina Gundersen)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danielle, This is one Iíve been working on as well. Whenís the next time Iím going to see you? I can bring swatches of what I was looking at using.
Sunrider Base Charity Officer 2016-18
-------------------------------------------------------
Mon Mothma, OT X-Wing Pilot, Willrow Hood, Resistance Officer, General Leia Organa (Raddus Bridge)
SwoozyC (Danielle Clay)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RebelLady wrote:
Danielle, This is one Iíve been working on as well. Whenís the next time Iím going to see you? I can bring swatches of what I was looking at using.

Hi Kirstina! I'm so glad you are working on this build too! I would love to see what fabric you are using. I got a heavy 4 way stretch and made a jumpsuit (that I don't like and need to remake). The fabric is nice and opaque when I wear it, but I think the fabric I have is not going to give me that puffy sleeve.

I'm not currently signed up for any other troops until SOPOCON in October (although that may change). But if you were available at some point to meet for coffee, I could definitely do that! I would love an opportunity to pick your brain on making Mothma!
RebelLady (Kristina Gundersen)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkclay wrote:
RebelLady wrote:

Hi Kirstina! I'm so glad you are working on this build too! I would love to see what fabric you are using. I got a heavy 4 way stretch and made a jumpsuit (that I don't like and need to remake). The fabric is nice and opaque when I wear it, but I think the fabric I have is not going to give me that puffy sleeve.

I'm not currently signed up for any other troops until SOPOCON in October (although that may change). But if you were available at some point to meet for coffee, I could definitely do that! I would love an opportunity to pick your brain on making Mothma!

I'll shoot ya a pm on fb, and we can co-ordinate schedules for geeking. Smile SO JAZZED to have another Mothma!

Here's the reference album I've pulled together:

https://imgur.com/a/oOUOxa9

3D File for the Brooches and Hanna Pendant:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iA9gQyPI2plSJPOUYLrIJF0w0Ch7Bmuu

This folder has several helpful bits for drafting Bishop's sleeves:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11UFQIWtq1YOYXsdj03p1srUk_OfoUbmq?usp=sharing

Side note- so glad you started a build thread! Definitely keep it updated even if we geek in person. Smile
Sunrider Base Charity Officer 2016-18
-------------------------------------------------------
Mon Mothma, OT X-Wing Pilot, Willrow Hood, Resistance Officer, General Leia Organa (Raddus Bridge)
SwoozyC (Danielle Clay)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RebelLady wrote:
dkclay wrote:
RebelLady wrote:

I'll shoot ya a pm on fb, and we can co-ordinate schedules for geeking. Smile SO JAZZED to have another Mothma!

Here's the reference album I've pulled together:

https://imgur.com/a/oOUOxa9

3D File for the Brooches and Hanna Pendant:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iA9gQyPI2plSJPOUYLrIJF0w0Ch7Bmuu

This folder has several helpful bits for drafting Bishop's sleeves:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11UFQIWtq1YOYXsdj03p1srUk_OfoUbmq?usp=sharing

Side note- so glad you started a build thread! Definitely keep it updated even if we geek in person. Smile

That would be amazing! I'm still very new at all of this and so interested to learn! I appreciate your willingness to help me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Animated Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: