Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e9e9c8f015998297222dfa06e12b0b72Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Luke Skywalker Costume Standards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leroni (Leroni)
Suspended Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:37 pm    Post subject: Luke Skywalker Costume Standards Reply with quote

Costume Standards Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker - Episode VIII (Fishing) - in processing
Luke Skywalker - Episode VIII (Last Battle) - in processing
Luke Skywalker - Episode VII - 11/2016
Luke Skywalker (Lars Homestead / Tatooine) - 05/2017
Luke Skywalker (Post-Trash Compactor) - 05/2017
Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot)
Luke Skywalker (Yavin 4 Ceremonial) -03/2009
Luke Skywalker (Taun-Taun Hoth Gear) - 03/2009
Luke Skywalker (Snowspeeder / X-Wing)
Luke Skywalker (Dagobah Training Fatigues) - 05/2017
Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues) - 03/2009
Luke Skywalker (Jabba’s Palace / Sarlaac Pit) - 07/2015
Luke Skywalker (Endor Strike Team) - 05/2017
Luke Skywalker (Death Star Duel) - 08/2015
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Academy Robes) - 03/2009
Luke Skywalker (Jedi-Bendu) from Dark Horse Comics - 06/2017
KJO DMerchOr 2015/2016
Wretched Hive DMerchO 2014/2015
Twilek - Saga

Last edited by Leroni (Leroni) on Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
A New Hopeful ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject: Luke Stormtrooper? Reply with quote

Hello.

Any reason why there’s no Luke “aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?” costume standards?

Just wondering...

Thanks.

Costumes: Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot) | Luke Skywalker (Lars Homestead/Tatooine)
Leroni (Leroni)
Suspended Member

Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Smile

i am not sure if i understood you.
You mean a standard when Luke is wearing a stormtrooper costume?
If yes.

Stormtrooper are not within the spectrum of Rebel Legion. Nobody will know that you are representing the RL when you wearing your Stormtrooper costume.
No matter if you like to show the "Luke costume" or not. Nobody will know that you are Luke, and not a Stormtrooper without helmet.

yours
Leroni
KJO DMerchOr 2015/2016
Wretched Hive DMerchO 2014/2015
Twilek - Saga

A New Hopeful ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply, Leroni.

I was referring to Luke with the helmet off but the rest of the uniform on (including a grappling hook on the belt and possibly a comm link in his hand).

(Was wondering about Han, too!)

But I do take your point about not so easy to recognize who they may be.

Costumes: Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot) | Luke Skywalker (Lars Homestead/Tatooine)
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering why the Jabba’s Palace/Sarlaac standards require a glove. He does NOT have a glove on in either of those scenes!

http://endorbase.org/

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
http://endorbase.org/members.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also wondering why the same standard requires a "slubby texture" on the bib of the shirt.
(there are "no visual references" to support this line of the standard).

(a) the bib remains closed for both of these scenes, therefore we can't possibly see the 'slubby texture'. and,

(b) this texture is NOT required for the death star duel version, where we can actually SEE the open bib! LOL..
...so why is it required for this version, where we CANNOT see the open bib?
(this is just plain weird).

(for all we know, the "Jabba's Palace/Sarlaac Pit" version, has NO BIB in the front of the shirt, AT ALL). Razz LOL

there are also "no visual references" to support "pants with a zipper and a fly", for that matter,
since Luke never takes his pants off in this movie.

we never actually see 'Luke's Zipper', at ANY point in this movie, ever.
(there are no visual references to support this line in the standard).

again:
(a) his 'fly' is covered at all times by the vest/tabard, therefore we can't possibly see the zipper, and

(b) this zipper is NOT required for the "death star duel" version, where we can actually SEE the front of his pants LOL..
...so why is it required for this version, where we CANNOT see the front of his pants?
(this is just plain creepy).

for all we know, it's a button-fly like Levi's 501. Razz LOL

^^ this standard lacks "visual references" to support these claims.

(re: zipper, glove, and bib).

these three details are NOT seen on this costume . during these scenes....

.....so why are they in the standards?
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

These notes are all great for costume standard discussions! We've restarted the process and will be making a lot of changes. We're not to these particular costumes yet, but keep an eye on the Standards Development forum. I'll forward these notes to the appropriate costume captains in the meantime.

Cheers!

Sew Corellian
KJO DXO
Celestia Delegation Leader
Sunrider Base Webmaster

Retired LWM, BCO, BMO
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically all of Luke's outfits in ROTJ are the same costume, only with a few additions or take aways as the movie progresses. He wears the same basic costume the entire time; boots, pants, tunic; these things never change. The belt can't be seen when he wears the vest, stole, and obi, but might be hidden under the obi. Glove comes on after he leaves Tatooine and then stays on.
Poncho and helmet? Just worn over the rest.
Brown cloak? Lost in the palace.
Vest, stole, obi? Taken off before mission to Endor.

Luke never changes his basic outfit, and that means this should all be one standard with the different variations as alternative configurations. That would be in following the new directions of keeping similar costumes that uses the same basic pieces, but chances/adds/lose others as alternative configurations on the standard.
In the future you would then only have to update one standard and make sure they aren't in conflict with one another when describing the same thing. Smile

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Oraculo (Agustín)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
Basically all of Luke's outfits in ROTJ are the same costume, only with a few additions or take aways as the movie progresses. He wears the same basic costume the entire time; boots, pants, tunic; these things never change. The belt can't be seen when he wears the vest, stole, and obi, but might be hidden under the obi. Glove comes on after he leaves Tatooine and then stays on.
Poncho and helmet? Just worn over the rest.
Brown cloak? Lost in the palace.
Vest, stole, obi? Taken off before mission to Endor.

Luke never changes his basic outfit, and that means this should all be one standard with the different variations as alternative configurations. That would be in following the new directions of keeping similar costumes that uses the same basic pieces, but chances/adds/lose others as alternative configurations on the standard.
In the future you would then only have to update one standard and make sure they aren't in conflict with one another when describing the same thing. Smile

Hello Lora!

Thank you very much for the excelent contribution. Yes, in some moments we talked about this topic, and it is true that all of Luke's Costumes are the same with different variants (like the King's - Scavenger Version).

Still, that Costume of Luke of Episode 6, we are going to revise it again, since the idea to unite everything in only standard with its diverse variants, is an excellent alternative to have a new complete Standard.

Yours! Wink Wink
•BCO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 18
•BPRO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 17
•Award: Rebel of the Year 2015
•TCO Templo Pucará 2015-16
•Detachment XO - KJO 2014-15
•RO Cruz del Sur Base 2013 -14

Bastion (Scott Coutcher)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:04 am    Post subject: Comic Book Luke Skywalker Reply with quote

Hi, there was a thread for the possible revision/addition to the Yavin Ceremony Luke to include a variation on the Luke from the Disney Marvel Comics. Has that been concluded? Thanks.
Oraculo (Agustín)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Comic Book Luke Skywalker Reply with quote

Bastion wrote:
Hi, there was a thread for the possible revision/addition to the Yavin Ceremony Luke to include a variation on the Luke from the Disney Marvel Comics. Has that been concluded? Thanks.

Hello Bastion!

Thank you for your message. Yes, we moved it because we are revising all the Standards again with the new structure of Costumes Captain.

Soon we will be opening the thread again of this Costume.

May the force be with you!

Yours!
•BCO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 18
•BPRO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 17
•Award: Rebel of the Year 2015
•TCO Templo Pucará 2015-16
•Detachment XO - KJO 2014-15
•RO Cruz del Sur Base 2013 -14

Kookaburra ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi would like to make some updates to these 2 Luke costume Guides.

1st, Luke Skywalker (Jabba’s Palace / Sarlaac Pit)

Things to be removed:
- removal of belt from optional, as it’s never used or worn in these scenes with outer tunic and Obi.

- removal of black glove on right hand as it’s never worn until the Death Star Duel Version of the costume.

- adding disclaimer to boots no buckles or straps.

- pants and shirt should be same requirements as Death Star Duel Version.

2nd, Luke Skywalker (Death Star Duel)

- adding disclaimer to boots no buckles or straps.

- pants and shirt should be same requirements as Jabba’s Palace / Sarlaac Pit version.

Costume guide should be easy to understand and not mislead or have items that are not part of the costume at that time of that scene.

As going for approval for both costumes personally this current month and failing on both for things that are not on the costume guide or shouldn’t be on the costume guide or things that should be the same on both of these costumes is a little weird and confusing for people that don’t know the costume well and the tailor of my Luke costume his work has been approved multiple times by the Rebel Legion under the current costume guide. But still fail approval due to things not stated in the current costume guide on both costumes is funny.

As passing with my pants for Jabba’s Palace Version but failing for Death Star Version when they are the same pants or failing for not having a glove for Jabba’s palace version when he clearly doesn’t even have a glove on in that scene or the skiff scene. Also was testing for boots too as doesn’t state wether or not buckles or straps are not acceptable on the costume guide, when it clearly should say no buckles or straps but judge says fail because you have buckle and straps when it’s not on the guide.

Please update these as they do affect people’s approvals or follow the guide perfectly to the wording while judging. Not sure about Rebel Legions Judging guide lines but 501st GMLs cannot add any extra to CRL that isn’t already on the CRL even if references are correct and CRL is wrong, the CRL must be revised before not approving someone’s costume. As a GML we must judge the costume based on the current CRL.

I do clearly understand the issues with my costumes or I wouldn’t be writing any of this. I have helped write a few CRLs for 501st and contributed to costume research many times, I just like to test costumes guides and approval processes to see if there are any issues that could be unfair or not written in the costume guide.

All I want is an easy understandable costume guide that is accurate to the on screen appearance, as displays at exhibitions are sometimes majorly incorrect and should never be the major decision on detailing a costume guide.
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i2.wp.com/caps.pictures/198/3-starwars6/full/star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-943.jpg

^^ the Luke Skywalker hologram in Jabba's palace wears the belt over top of the outer tunic and obi.

that is why the belt is included as "optional".

Luke wears the belt during the hologram scene.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok can see to why it’s optional. But other things should be fixed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: