Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9ce5b8b2708a7964f5b46caf57ad24e1Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Looking to buy entire kit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> X-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SageLeader ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject: Looking to buy entire kit Reply with quote

I'm looking to join the Rebel Legion as an X-Wing pilot. I live in a small apartment in a large city so I'm not looking to spend a ton of time and effort to build a kit myself. I'd rather shell out the money to just buy a kit.

ImperialBoots has a 90% complete ensemble that looks great so I'm going to buy that (unless you all say otherwise). The only items missing are the helmet and chest box. Any recommended vendors I can buy those items pre-assembled? I'd love a Biggs helmet but that seems difficult to find.
Kal Argos ()

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a judge so im not much help on if it meets the standards. The set overall looks nice tho. The belt and straps seem like a darker grey than i am used too but may just be the picture. Also not familiar with that company. They appear to come from hong kong, so be very careful about sizing. I do know the buckle on the boots will likely need to be removed or hidden.

If you want a great chestbox and helmet go to DHPFX... i got both from him. Chestbox completely finished and excellent. He sells the helmets as kits to fully assembled to assembled and custom painted. He has done several Biggs helmets and all his work is amazing!!! DHPFX is online and at Etsy... DarthHair (DHPFX) is also a member here.

EDIT: the strap for the chest box comes with excess length... you'll need to trim that ...

EDIT 2: Did a search on this site, and looks like Imperialboots are fairly well known in the trooping community, and their work has been used by members here and approved by the RL.. It sounds like you're pretty good to go with this as a great starting point.
wabbit89 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
2018 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imperial Boots is an often used company. That's all I know there. And I got my helmet from Darth Hair and my chest box from Droidwelder. Either one of them can do any character in terms of specific colors/decals, etc. So come fly with us, Biggs. Just like Beggar's Canyon back home. Wink
It matters which side we choose. Even if there will never be more light than darkness... For every life we touch, it matters. I don't turn toward the light because it means some day I'll win some sort of cosmic game. I turn toward it because it is the light.

Qui-Gon Jinn, Master and Apprentice, Claudia Gray
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imperial Boots is a long time vendor... for boots. Their complete costumes are not as well known and have yet to be vetted the way their boots have.

They're ... probably fine?

Darth Hair (DHPF/X on Etsy) is one of the main go-tos in the Legion for X-Wing helmets. I believe they also do the other parts as well... you just need to contact him to inquire, as the complete kits aren't listed.

Pilot Bay is another source for complete kits.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case you're still looking for feedback, I bought the complete IB blue squadron kit for soft parts and chestbox and helmet (unassembled) from DH-P/FX.
The main thing with IB is that they don't do custom sizing, but in my opinion the quality is great and the company is very receptive to continuous costume improvement if new standards or pictures are discovered. I don't know about the orange flight suit, but my blue squadron only required shortening in the middle (I'm short and sizes aren't custom) and weathering. They do runs in waves and I've always seen fast shipping, even before their wave estimates.
DH-P/FX was fantastic with fast shipping. Chest box is complete and helmet is your chioce based on cost.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> X-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: