Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1350a0592407e80acdbd5e6182d2db59Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Thanks for welcoming me into Rebel Legion - Mos Eisley Base!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base -> Mos Eisley Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sorrah_Arev (Marie McClure)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject: Thanks for welcoming me into Rebel Legion - Mos Eisley Base! Reply with quote

Hello, all!

My real name is Marie and this is my first time here on Rebel Legion! To introduce myself, I'll give you all a little overview of who I am, why I'm here, and what my plans are for being a member.

First, I was born and raised in Tucson, and my cousin got me into cosplay and trooping a few years ago for a few local events like the Comic Con and Boo at the Zoo. I only became a fan of Star Wars in 2015 after seeing The Force Awakens in theaters, and started volunteering as a cosplayer with my cousin's groups in 2016. I have 4 lightsabers and like to duel with them, but I haven't started a Jedi Knight cosplay yet! Maybe you guys can give me a few tips for starting it next summer!

Second, I am a full-time student at the University of Arizona. I'm majoring in German Studies and minoring in music for violin performance. I live at home with my parents, and they have been absolutely wonderful in supporting me through everything - even cosplay!

Lastly, I want you all to know I'm here because... Well, I'm a nerd, for one! I love Star Wars. But also, because I love to cosplay. Last year, I started a cosplay for the character Tallie Lintra from The Last Jedi, an A-Wing pilot. I went to comic con in full-blown, incomplete cosplay, and even though my helmet was less than perfect, seeing the joy on little kids' faces made it completely worth it. Since I started trooping in 2016, I've fallen in love with bringing joy to kids and their families, and that's what I'm here for. That's what I'm going to continue to do, serving my community through an art form that can inspire pretty much anyone, and that pretty much everyone can enjoy.

Currently, I'm working on a custom cosplay. I took my incomplete Tallie Lintra from last year and boosted it with a new jumpsuit my mom has been an amazing help with putting together, and I finally have a real helmet, too! After gathering reference images from The Last Jedi for 10+ hours, I finally decided that I'm not cosplaying as Tallie anymore, but a generic A-Wing pilot. Since every one of them is varied in some way, whether it be the gear on their vests, the type of boots, gloves, helmet shape, and the number and positioning of pockets on their jumpsuit, I took the most recognizable details of TLJ-era A-Wing pilots from the Star Wars visual dictionaries and started combining them together for my cosplay. My next steps as a RL member will be to get my cosplay finished, then approved, so I can start trooping officially with RL at events this fall.

Thank you for reading my [winded] introduction! I hope this answers any questions you might have about me.

May the Force be with you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base -> Mos Eisley Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: