Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=cccb18e75a5a06c25e861bea50a41226Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

TFA Pilot Chestbox

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maverick73 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject: TFA Pilot Chestbox Reply with quote

Hello,

Could a RL costume judge advise if the below chestbox can be approved for a generic TFA pilot?

https://etsy.me/2TbwUxi

Thanks,
Mawee ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s specific. Last Jedi. So I will have to say no. Unless Danny can get the right hose for you.
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That chestbox is actually missing some details for a TFA version and isn't painted correctly. There are plenty of other chestboxes out there that are more accurate and don't cost as much-- Cospl88's stuff is always fairly overpriced.

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GTR2-D2 (Danny Chen)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Says the guy who owes me money still. Lol
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GTR2-D2 wrote:
Says the guy who owes me money still. Lol
I'm not sure how that would be the case considering that I have never purchased anything from you. However, this isn't the appropriate place for such a discussion, anyway, which I'm sure that you are aware of as Commanding Officer. If you feel that you are "owed" anything for some reason such matters should be discussed privately, and should not be used as an attempt to derail a forum discussion thread.

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GTR2-D2 (Danny Chen)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My products are 1/2-2/3 the prices of other vendors. Approvable and it's even had the effect of lowering prices from other vendors to match ours. So if you're gonna spew opinions on here, make sure they're accurate and not based on your personal issues with the owners. As a DCO, I'll say this to any member using the forums as their personal playground for personal attacks that are baseless and false.
Mosi ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone stated before, this is specific to TLJ, so if you're going for TFA approval, you'll need a TFA box. You can find vendors in the for sale area that can help you, or ask the vendor you linked to see if they can accommodate.

Regardless of who you choose, follow best practices and research vendors and their products.

Good hunting!
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentlemen, You Can't Fight In Here! This is The War Room...
Maverick73 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mosi wrote:
As someone stated before, this is specific to TLJ, so if you're going for TFA approval, you'll need a TFA box. You can find vendors in the for sale area that can help you, or ask the vendor you linked to see if they can accommodate.

Regardless of who you choose, follow best practices and research vendors and their products.

Good hunting!

Thank you for your feedback. My question was specifically for the chestbox and not the hose. I know the hose has changed greatly between TFA and TLJ but I was not sure about the chestbox. I know that it has more lights but didn’t notice any change in the actual shape or the buttons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: