Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b8adc845cdd9f90e69319b003337fecfMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Nexus Con 2019 - Troop report

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tython Base -> Tython Troop Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sair (Sarah Steele)
Tython Base CO
Tython Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:05 am    Post subject: Nexus Con 2019 - Troop report Reply with quote

Written by Andy Price, member and CO of SCG. Copied from SCG forum with permission.

SCG Troop Report:
Nexus Con 2019

Coffs Harbour Education Campus (possibly the nicest campus I have seen)

Weather:
Probably 25-30 degrees all day which wasn’t that bad and with bush fires further north we had some narly skies and the sun was an epic shade of red
Sunny with a nice breeze, perfect trooping weather despite full sun but we had shade all day. Was super nice really.

Date/Time:
10am-4pm

SCG Troopers:
Andy Price – Tie Pilot
Lucas Cork– Inferno Squad Del Meeko
Ben Gordon - TK
Aston Martin - TK commander
Ryan Dalley - Snowtrooper
Michelle Anne Harvey – Jawa
Peter Tonica - Darth Vader
Wranglers:
Daniel Woods - new cadet
Rebels:
Gai Dalley - Mon Mothma
Rebel Rach - Jedi

Mission Report:
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away Andy left home in Sydney at 8 am and headed towards Coffs Harbour, Aston’s train left at 7 am bound for sunny Coffs and the Northern NSW members started their short(er) journey to the event!

After meeting up with Ratchet and Rhino, and meeting Lucas and Daniel we headed to the education campus ready to setup for the convention the following morning. We met with the local team and made our way to our change space, a small classroom and were then taken on a guided tour of the whole venue which was amazing. We setup what we could and headed off for the night

I have to say we were treated like celebrities and the whole volunteer crew for Nexus Con really appreciated us being there, they went above and beyond to cater to anything we wanted or needed, always asked us if stuff was okay; possibly the best reception we have had!

Returning early in the morning we found our space and setup our tables, banners, Gonk the Droid and our flags and banners and waited for the girls to arrive; arriving fashionably late we set all their stuff up and started to kit up ready for a fun filled day; armed with rattle cans and a raffle we were set for a fun day of costuming goodness.

Right on ten Aston and I stepped out and began to greet the public and pose for the hundreds of photos we would take; Daniel manned his camera to ensure anyone without a camera could still join in!

We were quickly joined by the rest of the team as we would be joining local celebrity Andrew for his 8 seconds of fame panel where he showed off appearance in Revenge of the Sith which also offered us a great opportunity to show off what we do.

Once the panel was done several of us kit down for lunch and man the table leaving the rest of the crew to finish off the day. Daniel continued to take photos of everyone including getting ben in the fountain! YES!

Approximately 2pm and with a final flourish of ticket buyers we drew the raffle and called the winner; who was busy playing Mindcraft and sent his mum to collect! After this the cosplay contest kicked off and like every convention everyone disappears.

We hung around until 4pm, pulled apart the displays and headed on our merry ways!

We didn’t have any crying kids which was a terrible loss, so doesn’t really count as a troop!

Andy was called Darth Vader four times which was great

Black Dog Institute have the fundraising can and when we know how much we raised I will update it.

I had an amazing time up North and want to thank everyone up that way for making me feel welcome and for showing off such a great event! Will definitely do my best to get back next year. I think all of us loved Nexus Con!

and at the stage I posted we were at 655 words.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tython Base -> Tython Troop Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: