Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b1ce18b98ba35a5b6909ffa8b3f9ead7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Yadsmood's ANH Han Solo (and 5K Han Solo)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yadsmood ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:49 pm    Post subject: Yadsmood's ANH Han Solo (and 5K Han Solo) Reply with quote

A little while ago, I decided that I wanted to try and make all the Han costumes. A little after that, a fellow base member asked me if I would do a 5K with him in costume. He is going as Luke in training on Dagobah and we may have a pricess Leia so I thought I might as well do Han.

But I didn't want to run a 5K in a full Han costume. That would be uncomfortable to say the least, so I thought that I should not do something 100% accurate but recognizable. So I decided to do running clothes in the style of ANH Han. But if I was going to do the vest, a screen accurate one would probably be just as comfortable as any other vest, and would get one piece down from when I would eventually finish an ANH Han. Here is what I came up with:

So as I said above, I made a hopefully approvable vest out of black heavy twill from Joanns, I got a long sleeve heather white athletic shirt from Old Navy, and I bought some cotton blue athletic shorts that I added thick vinyl blood stripes I had leftover from my Solo: A Star Wars Story Han. I am pretty happy with it and will post some race day photos afterwards.

I also promise the rest of the thread will be on my in progress ANH Han solo build.
Captain Solo (Evert Joosse)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a nice touch! 😊

Most of us have at one point or another decided that they want to do all the Han Solo costumes, and the only thing that I can advise you there is just to start. Every time you have another one is another step closer to that goal.

I am still not there myself but I am on the way! 😊

Good luck on running the 5K.

In the Netherlands here we annually do 10K in costume for cancer research together with the Mandalorian Mercs and the Dutch Garrison, the local 501st chapter.

But importantly, we walk the 10K, we don't run it 😅
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: