Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4d8f7db35444049890437e0de37b4fa5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Leia TLJ Raddus WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amybrk ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject: Leia TLJ Raddus WIP Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

I am currently working on a Leia TLJ Raddus Bridge costume build to join the Rebel Legion. My husband is EzraBridger_1 and has two approved Ezra costumes. I am working to get my costume completed and approved, so we can troop together with Endor Base.

I researched the fabrics needed and purchased them (very expensive!). Therefore, I want to wear an undergarment to protect the dress. Here is the undergarment appropriate for empire-waist gowns. This is a bodiced petticoat with a boned bust support. This is made from French twill cotton in the Regency style. There is a 3.75” flounce on the bottom. The neckline includes a bias tape draw adjustment. The petticoat needs to be hung for about 3 -5 days and then a series of pin tucks (or small horizontal tucks will be added just above the flounce. To support the weight of the of the dress, at least 5 rows of tucks will be added and if needed ½” hoop tape.

A pattern was drafted and used to cut the wool gabardine fabric:

Flatlining was completed to the main fabric:

A close up of the dress front showing the slit accent:

Here is the dress fabric on the dress form showing the boat neck collar in preparation to gather the front portion at the empire waist:

Sleeves will be lined and attached to the dress after buttonholes for the back closure are completed. Here is the back view of the dress with the buttons and sleeves attached:

Now time for a fitting. Here is a front view of the dress on me:

Starting to work on the coat. Serging the raw edges prior to airbrushing:

I will be adding more pictures of the build soon. Thank you and May The Force Be With You!
Amybrk ()

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are pieces of the coat ready to be airbrushed:

This picture shows one piece (below) with the first coat of Jaquard Lumiere silver fabric paint applied with airbrush and one piece (above) unpainted:

The inside lighting does not do it justice. I will provide better pictures airbrushing and assembly have been completed. Thank you and May The Force Be With You!
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a great start to your project. Very Happy And a good idea with protective undergarments. Highly recommend that for other costumes as well!

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Amybrk ()

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Here are a few more pictures of the dress build. The dress waistband is actually not a full band. It only lightly gathers the front part of the dress at the empire waist line from the bust points to slightly towards the side seams. Here is pinning with gather points:

Here is a picture of the waistband on:

This has been a very challenging project, but is finally coming together. More to follow soon. Thanks and May The Force Be With You.
VeroLeia94 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This costume is one of my favourite from the new movies, and your costume seems like a great job to me Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: