Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1ed274708ae2b8a88b39c73e35b60c57Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New trailer gem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> A- Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wtyler3 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject: New trailer gem Reply with quote

The opening of the new trailer has an old style A wing helmet with what looks like a blast shield:) Finally get to see the back of a screen used helmet!
I added bunch of screen shots in my imgur album:
https://imgur.com/a/8zhgnpb
Dr. Morbius (Ingo Kaiser)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Rey's not a Pilot...I guess it's her version of a training helmet...much like Luke's X-Wing blast shield one in the Falcon.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a little bit different than the Original Trilogy helmet so I doubt that it's from Return of the Jedi (and I doubt that they'd toss an original prop onto the ground like that). It's got that new padding inside, for one, and it's missing the wedge greeblie on the back. The other greeblies seem to have been simplified, too. But it's still pretty neat to see. I'm curious to see what else there might be in the movie. Smile

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the Hot Toys version of Rey has the helmet...
http://rebelscum.com/2019/Hot%20Toys%20-%20MMS559%20-%20The%20Rise%20of%20Skywalker/Hot%20Toys%20-%20SW9%20-%20Rey%20&%20D-O_PR19.jpg

Interesting enough, it's actually not an A-wing pilot helmet after all. It's very similar but it's not one, the front/sides are a different shape. Though it's possible that the pointed ends were just added to the helmet as separate pieces (for some reason, maybe to block off more of the view when the blast shield is down)... It kind of looks like that on the figure but it's hard to tell for certain. It also has some extra slots cut into it above the round silver greeblie.

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
wtyler3 ()

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man it is pretty close though. I wonder if since they are tweaking the Y wing fighter, they are doing the A wing too and this helmet is the newest version with this blast shield.

I fully expect them to do that to theY wing helmet also, if they show the pilots at all.
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtyler3 wrote:
Man it is pretty close though. I wonder if since they are tweaking the Y wing fighter, they are doing the A wing too and this helmet is the newest version with this blast shield.

I fully expect them to do that to theY wing helmet also, if they show the pilots at all.
Yeah, it really is close. I noticed that the sides of the top shield have less screws than the OT helmet as well, and it has a groove running along the helmet near the outer edge. It's hard to say whether or not this is a modified OT A-wing pilot helmet or a new training helmet of some kind... And they did have a new helmet for the A-wing pilots in TLJ, though that doesn't mean that the helmets couldn't still be switched in TROS. It'll be interesting to see one way or the other.

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> A- Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: