Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=61583c5243b829ebd35378a0e4f62b88Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Schph Gochi's project pile
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 18 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the last post, I have finished (well...for now) the belt, ejection harness and flak vest.

The belt:

Someone has asked what the real length of the belt from the UK is...
well...

the part of the belt that is 2 1/4" wide is 38" long, then there is another 14" of webbing that I cut off because I didn't need all that length.

this photo shows the completed belt and harness from the inside...with a 36" ruler setting on it

this photo shows the piece I cut off...the extra webbing that was originally used to thread through the roll pin buckle:

The finished belt is actually too large for me but I like belts to sit low.

This photo shows the completed belt and ejection harness from the outside

I did end up using the Design Master "Flannel Gray" paint and did not apply it really solidly. I used two coats of the paint and let some of the tan show through a bit....it looks kind of aged that way...

The two "metal" pieces are not metal at all. I don't have any good metal cutting tools so where I attempted to cut those metal pieces out of a sheet of aluminum, it looked terrible...
so I went to ABS....
I cut the pieces out of ABS and then used Rub and Buff to give them the look of metal. Before I applied the Rub n Buff...I used a heat gun to soften the ABS and add that curve...
hopefully...they will hold up...I have found ABS (cut from a large scrap of ABS I obtained many years ago for my TK) to be quite tough...

The flak vest:

I did stick with the wood molding pieces in the flak vest...I really like the look...I left the back piece with the foam though...I rather like that look back there...

I applied both the Rebel Alliance insignia and the aurebesh writing to the flak vest with t-shirt iron on transfer paper. Because of the texture of the fabric, the iron on transfer can be tricky and it does not apply completely solid...
but...
again..
it looks (to me anyway) a bit aged that way...

I have not determined yet how the chest box attaches...is it on a piece of webbing or does it somehow "sit" on that piece that joins the right and left sides in the front. Since at this time I don't have the chest box and I am not sure about that, I made that rectangle that joins the left and right sides out of the same fabric as the flak vest BUT added a piece of ABS hidden inside to give it strength....without the chest box...it looks a little awkward but I can always change that and remove the ABS if the chestbox actually is on a strap.

I also went on a mission to find fabric for the flightsuit and found (what I think) is a pretty good choice...
it is an orange denim that is not so orange as the Original Trilogy X-Wing flightsuits....the fabric for the new flightsuit is in this photo draped on top of my OT flightsuit on the dress form

The fabric is from Joanne Fabrics (I had to go to 2 different Joanne locations to buy enough....

I asked for the tag on the bolt of fabric and this is the information from the bolt:

Bottomweight solid 7oz Str Denim Orange
052 in 14306
RN 35055
70% cotton 28% polyester 2% spandex

it is a stretch denim....
would have liked NO polyester...but...lol...that would have been asking for too much.

I am washing the fabric this morning to get it ready to use.

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Active Legion Member

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have moved this project to its own thread as I have had so many questions about it..

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=71466

Active Legion Member

Gold Star (Amount: 4)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow....it has been longer than I thought since the last time I posted here....

Just giving everyone a heads up that with Yahoo Groups shutting down, all of the tutorials, patterns and tips that I had stored in various groups are now housed on Facebook.

Most of the information deals with Rebel Trooper costumes from the Original Trilogy....
some of the tutorials and patterns are a bit dated...but the information is still valid.
Some of the oldest tutorials I re-worked with the new information that has come out in recent years.

The Facebook group can be found here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/842066172863260/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45
Page 45 of 45

Jump to: