Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=35bb3b05945f7251b93f3daf5f7a215cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Jedi Tunic Issues-Seeking Sewing Advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings -> New Recruits FAQ Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZamTerrik ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:30 am    Post subject: Jedi Tunic Issues-Seeking Sewing Advice Reply with quote

Greetings,

I sewed my Jedi robes from scratch and am having a few issues keeping the front of the inner and outer tunics to lay flat. After tucking them in nicely, they move out of place and poof above the obi when I move, despite velcro. Do any fellow Jedi have this problem, and how did you solve it? If you need more details about my sewing, feel free to ask. (I have pictures but can't find how to attach them.)

Thank you!
ionicdesign (Michael)
Assistant Membership Officer
Assistant Membership Officer

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: Jedi Tunic Issues-Seeking Sewing Advice Reply with quote

ZamTerrik wrote:
Greetings,

I sewed my Jedi robes from scratch and am having a few issues keeping the front of the inner and outer tunics to lay flat. After tucking them in nicely, they move out of place and poof above the obi when I move, despite velcro. Do any fellow Jedi have this problem, and how did you solve it? If you need more details about my sewing, feel free to ask. (I have pictures but can't find how to attach them.)

Thank you!

Some suggestions from the mrs (LadyB): That does seem to be a regular thing that happens with Jedi. Certain fabrics do it more or less than others (slippery ones more so than ruff).

One thing I have done to help the situation is to put short ties at the waist. One on the edge of each side and one at the seam under each arm, One inside and the other outside. If this doesn't make sense, look at a karate gee to see what I'm talking about. This should be done at the height of the middle of the obi so it will be hidden.

It this doesn't help enough, you could try adding snaps to the obi and the outer tunic. I've never tried this, but I've heard of it. Of coarse you would have to get it perfectly right and never change size.

KJO Detachment XO/CO 2011-2013 * LCJ * Takodana Base XO * A. Legion Webmaster
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings -> New Recruits FAQ Area All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: