Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d4a3381eed64af0ac16ebfef3ac04d23Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

General Kenobi BFII

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tk fett ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:28 am    Post subject: General Kenobi BFII Reply with quote

greetings my fellow Jedi!

before I put myself thru a mind numbing go around on our board, is there anyone that can quickly help me out with a tutorial or CRL (couldn’t find) link to the Battlefront II style General Kenobi?

https://images.app.goo.gl/fZGjRKnBUVND3XDm6

I’ve got a potential new member I’m helping out with this costume & hoping for tips on where to find a belt & fabric locations.

THX!

S.S. 7hrs

Troopin_Rocks on Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/troopin_rocks/sets/
look, take & enjoy the photos! I just ask you Please don't cut off the watermark, thank-you!
Evan1701 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am attempting to do this costume too, albeit a generic version for Saber Guild/RL. So far I have not found anyone who makes the armor or even any print files for it, so I have some clone files that I plan to modify. I am stumped on how to make the chest/shoulder mantle piece though.
Shay Kenobi ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have approved one of these versions to the Legion so far.

Even though this is supposed to represent OWKs character from the clone wars ( episodes 1 - 2 ) there are some subtle differences in the animators interpretations from the CW series.

As long as your submission looks like the reference photos, you will be good to go Thumbs up

" Another happy landing "
Evan1701 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shay Kenobi wrote:
I have approved one of these versions to the Legion so far.

Even though this is supposed to represent OWKs character from the clone wars ( episodes 1 - 2 ) there are some subtle differences in the animators interpretations from the CW series.

As long as your submission looks like the reference photos, you will be good to go Thumbs up

From my understanding, it is basically realistic clone armor, with a few modified bits. The shins and knees are as-is. The forearms have the extended pieces similar to the TCW armor. The biceps have a cutout for the extended forearm portion. The shoulder bells seem like traditional clone commander shoulder bells. The chest/back/shoulder mantle is very different. For one, it includes a 4th "band", extends farther down the back, and is shaped different in the front than the TCW version.
Shay Kenobi ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Evan,

Yep, you’re kinda on the money in that it’s similar to clone armour with a few mods. The shin knee armour is pretty close to the animated CW Obi Wan which is distinctly different to clone armour. That said it’s not available ( to my knowledge) commercially and takes a fair bit to mod if you want it to be accurate and so we have always accepted clone lower leg armour as a substitute.

The chest armour looks like the animators of the game have taken a few creative liberties. Some shots it looks like a direct comparison to the CW whilst in others it could be another panel ?? as you suggest and does extend a little lower on the back. Again, if your friend submits with a standard CW chest piece, he won’t be penalised.

Other differences - the hand armour is completely different to the CW.

His tunic has the similar “ lined” texture of his tunic from ROTS and again, I suspect this was an animator trying to be too clever in bringing more realism to the CW recreation when in reality, the CW tunic is a Suede type fabric without any textured “ lines”.

None of which will be demanded from a BF2 submission.

The differences that are obvious and will be asked for however is the realistic buckle ( as opposed to the animated bow ) and ROTS tall ribbed pouch and short ribbed pouch as opposed to the two reddish, same sized pouches of the CW. These two elements are obvious to the viewer as well as being easily accessible so I feel that this is a fair “ ask” for approval.

As to where the base armour is available, most parts ( to my knowledge) are still available from Kev Weir of Imperial surplus. He may even offer the chest piece now. It wasn’t available years back and I needed to make my own as well as modding the shins etc. if you are interested, there is a fair bit of info on this in this thread in the Jedi tutorial section...

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55618

At the end of the day, submit a standard CW app with realistic belt, buckle and correct pouches and it will be good enough to be approved as the Battle Front variation.

Hope that helps but if you have any other questions feel free to post them.

Cheers and good luck with the build.

Kind regards,

Shay.

" Another happy landing "
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: