Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=99235ac98f24167c2e78e7330c2d29c8Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Is this an acceptable flight suit?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> X-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wes_Bugg ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:34 am    Post subject: Is this an acceptable flight suit? Reply with quote

https://www.amazon.com/X-wing-Fighter-Orange-Jumpsuit-Costume/dp/B010UKFSSS/ref=asc_df_B010UKFSVU/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312701169099&hvpos=1o12&hvnetw=g&hvrand=83097532900837894&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9014314&hvtargid=pla-599513311124&th=1&psc=1

I don't know how to sew or anything like that. I'm not that artistic either so I'd rather just pay for something that is already acceptable as I do not know how to alter things myself. So is this flight suit accurate and passable if I just buy this?

Thanks.
A New Hopeful ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always hard to give an absolute answer as it depends very much on how it fits you.

But one problem I can see with it is that the cuffs should be pointed like the collar.

These appear to be square.

Though I’m sure the judges would have a better insight into it than I would.

Costumes: Luke Skywalker
Lars Homestead/Tatooine | Death Star Escape | X-Wing Pilot | Snowspeeder/X-Wing | Bespin Fatigues
wabbit89 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vest is not approvable. It is pleated, not tubed (or whatever you call rounded piping in the channels). The flight suit might be, but I suspect it needs alterations. You are better served, if you want to buy straight up, to stick with a big-box type costume vendor. Darth Hair (DHPFX) and Wampa Wear come to mind. You'll pay a little more, but it'll be approvable out of the box, so to speak.
It matters which side we choose. Even if there will never be more light than darkness... For every life we touch, it matters. I don't turn toward the light because it means some day I'll win some sort of cosmic game. I turn toward it because it is the light.

Qui-Gon Jinn, Master and Apprentice, Claudia Gray
Jerrick Sunrunner (Mark Mulcaster)
Elstree Base CO
Elstree Base CO

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just chiming-in
I don't see a commpad pocket on the left sleeve for one, the fabric looks a bit thin and at least on my macbook the fabric looks too red.
As the others have said the vest isn't approvable and would require substantial modification to get it looking better but on honesty the vest fabric doesn't match the references for an OT pilot.
Whilst it was a good find, you would be better off hitting up one of the more regular suppliers.
OT X-Wing Pilot Judge
Bowrider (Dexter)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i make flight suits to order Smile
JEDICHRIST (DELONG.CHRISTOPHE)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I confirm that the vest cannot be approved. the combination can be changed but it will be difficult and you will have to invest us dollars
the best would be to buy a combination from other recognized sellers
XO RLFB 2011-2014
MO RLFB 2010-2011
member of Rebel Legion Knights of the Jedi Order detachment
member of Rebel Legion Starfighter Command Detachment
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> X-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: