Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e6b4ac37e8c91d76f59d8beb051f1eebMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

General's WIP of ARC Trooper Jesse (Animated)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Clones of the Republic -> Animated clones
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeneralSpeer ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject: General's WIP of ARC Trooper Jesse (Animated) Reply with quote

I have decided to bite the bullet and start a build post for a certain Clone Wars character that has evolved over the series and now that Season 7 is upon us, I have nabbed a few screenshots of ARC Trooper Jesse. There are not many, nor are some terribly consistent, but having done at least a Phase 1 ARC Trooper, I know roughly what I am getting into. From the photos, Jesse's armor consists of his phase two grunt armor with ARC Trooper upgrades, consisting of the standard pauldron, grey chest plate, backpack, arm guards, pouches and, holsters, kama and shins. One thing I notice that is different is the lack of the pair of the smaller pouches in front on the belt that were on the Phase 1 ARCs and the the only overall difficult part about this costume that I see is figuring out those elbow plates which look separated compared to their phase one counter part and additionally, that makes me think the shins are separated as well. The least I can do at this point however is work on acquiring most of the parts and start with the part I always love to do first, the helmet. The maker I have received several helmets from is from Dave's Armory, he happened to be the supplier for my currently approved ARC Trooper Havoc helmet and he does a fantastic Phase 2 Grunt, which is what Jesse has. (I have already been in touch with them and then aren't able to do the order at this time, but I have gone with a new 3D printed raw cast and I am excited to work on that when it arrives in several weeks time. In any respect, because there are not enough angles of all the parts, especially with color, I will have to avidly be watching the show to see what is going on, but I can confidently say that I know roughly 90% give or take of all the parts that will be needed for this costume and a good range of the different paint I will need.

Front Pics

Back view (Original {left} and illuminated)

Side View (One at least)

This build will be tons of fun and I look forward to the journey along the way.
Lunchbox330 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That’s awesome! I look forward to following along!
GeneralSpeer ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, after studying the references, I found some very interesting results.

The first image is Jesse in his standard grunt armor, nothing crazy, just him in all his glory in the phase 2 style. Compare that to a series of images I took from the second trailer, his armor combo is now making more sense. The shins for example as an ARC are the exact same as his grunt shins, from what I can surmise. And his arm guards look as though it is ARC Upgrades such as the rocket launcher section + rocket mounted on his grunt left arm along with the arc communications, and the padding on top of his right grunt right arm, with what seems to be the compad on top of the arc padding.

Other than the paint job, it looks to be like it is the grunt armor, just with more accessorizes. Please of course let me know if other see different, and I am also of course still taking things with a grain of salt given the series has yet to return as of yet.

In other news, parts I have started on have been easy parts... like the holsters!

*And yes, I have a build post over on the CTD forum for the 501st incase people are wondering =)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Clones of the Republic -> Animated clones All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: