Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e4167c3a2a7609cc1e02ea791254fdf3Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hoth Glove Tutorial

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Rebel Command Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RebelLady (Kristina Gundersen)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:10 am    Post subject: Hoth Glove Tutorial Reply with quote

I thought it might be helpful for other to see how I made my Hoth gloves by modifying some pre-existing gardening gloves. I made mine for my snowspeeder pilot, but they are very similar to the ones worn by Luke, Rieekan, and the other officers.

I used these as a base:

These gloves are fit across the wrist using a strip of elastic sewn to the inside of the glove.

In order to match the silhouette of the screen used gloves, the first thing I did was use a seam ripper to carefully remove the stitches securing the elastic. There will be holes left where the thread was, but over time the leather will wear and they will start to blend in.

The elastic is sewn into the side seams of the glove, so once it was only attached along the side, I used scissors and cut it out.

Once both gloves had the elastic removed, I needed to figure out how to remove the amazon branding from the glove.

Using a fairly course sand paper I slowly sanded the label off.

Next the gloves need to be shortened to the correct length. I strongly recommend measuring with your jacket on so the thickness of the sleeve is taken into account. Once you figure out how long they should be, simply fold the cuff edge in. If it is long enough to be too bulky, trim it as needed- just make sure to leave enough that the edge is hidden on the inside. I E6000'd mine in place. (Use the clear if you do this.)

The last step is to add the greeblie! My husband modeled and made mine, but there vendors on Etsy who sell them as well as files on Yeggi. I used clear E6000 to glue it in place.

Tada!

Sunrider Base Charity Officer 2016-18
-------------------------------------------------------
Mon Mothma, OT X-Wing Pilot, Willrow Hood, Resistance Officer, General Leia Organa (Raddus Bridge)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Rebel Command Tutorials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: