Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2073e41c0af43739a45bf591b51cee3dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

OT X Wing Pilot Costume Revisions
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> RLSC Standards Development -> RLSC Standard Revisions In Progress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerrick Sunrunner (Mark Mulcaster)
Elstree Base CO
Elstree Base CO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's this progressing?

Could you include that the correct buckle for the chest box is roko buckle?
i can provide refference photos as needed.

Id suggest its not a mandatory component but it would be good to have it included for those who want to go the extra mile.
OT X-Wing Pilot Judge
Baron Flux ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are refining some of the language and should be posting up the proposed revision in a day or so.

RLSC - XO

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/starfightercommand
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RebelLegionStarfighterCommand
Members Only Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/292241811391912
Japagaijin ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:17 pm    Post subject: OT X-Wing standards Reply with quote

I agree wholeheartedly with the idea of making this closer to a 501st CRL. It took me 2 vests (thankfully my wife knows how to sew) to get the sizing right, and there is currently no good pattern on how to make them... It took us over a month of playing with materials and shapes to finally get it right. Now she makes soft part kits for local troopers interested in joining our ranks. The vest is the hardest part to get your hands on, and the hardest to figure out how to make...
Just Ducky (Jessie Lynch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to provide some feedback on the standard that I think should be addressed, as it was incredibly difficult for me to manage when I was first constructing and photographing my OT X-Wing pilot.

From the CRL:
The bottom of the front and back panels are even and should completely cover the chest while not extending toward the waist any further than one-half to two-thirds the distance from the arm pit to the waist, and should allow for approximately 3” (inches) of visible flightsuit above the top of the belt

By including the 3 inch measurement in there, even if it is "aproximate", is incredibly difficult for people with short torsos and wide hips. I would suggest removing the exact measurement, and state that there needs to be "significant" visible flight suit between the vest and the top of the belt.

Additionally, one of the parts that I was "warned" to address as part of my approval photos, was the relationship of the Com Pad and the Gauntlets. Namely that the ComPad must be partially covered by the gauntlet. This is not mentioned or referenced anywhere in the CRL area about the ComPad, ComPad pocket, or the Gauntlets. I believe a statement should be included in the "ComPad" section, or specified that the gauntlets must have enough height to the cuff that it covers (x) amount of the ComPad in the pocket.
Jawa - Duk'ki
OT Rebel Pilot - Fable "Needles" Thek (Human), Kara'tau Daucus (Twi'lek)
Twi'lek Jedi Librarian - Phine'aduula Brolen

WIP: Battle Handmaid, Clone Pilot, Blue Squad Pilot, Snowspeeder Pilot
RyongKai (Brian Mah)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to ask if any of RLSC has any suggestions on improving the vector flight suit? I am hoping to make this easier for seamstresses to see a more uniformed format before any sewing takes place.

Without a correct flight suit. All other ideas might not work.

I hope something can be completed within this calendar year.
treblemaker (Carly Kennedy)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyongKai wrote:
I would like to ask if any of RLSC has any suggestions on improving the vector flight suit? I am hoping to make this easier for seamstresses to see a more uniformed format before any sewing takes place.

Without a correct flight suit. All other ideas might not work.

I hope something can be completed within this calendar year.

As things stand currently, the focus of all detachments across the entire Rebel Legion is bringing our costume standards up to match the new requirements as laid out by the Legion-level Costume Standards Committee:

Standard Rewrite Format Guide
Standard Format Design Guide

This discussion thread is specifically regarding the standards rewrite on OT X-Wing pilots per the new requirements.

What you are proposing falls completely outside of the requirements from the Standards Committee. If you want to propose something along those lines it's probably better to redirect your questions to those folks.

Starfighter Command Instagram
Starfighter Command Public Facebook
Starfighter Command Members Facebook
RyongKai (Brian Mah)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treblemaker wrote:
What you are proposing falls completely outside of the requirements from the Standards Committee. If you want to propose something along those lines it's probably better to redirect your questions to those folks.

Where can i submit the proposal? Why doesn't the flight suits come under the standards committee? Did anyone look any the links i sent? Could some one help clarify what i need to do?

I am getting confused right now.
treblemaker (Carly Kennedy)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyongKai wrote:
treblemaker wrote:

Where can i submit the proposal? Why doesn't the flight suits come under the standards committee? Did anyone look any the links i sent? Could some one help clarify what i need to do?

I am getting confused right now.

As I stated above, the costume standards work currently being done by the RLSC and all other detachments is to match this specific formatting:

Standard Rewrite Format Guide
Standard Format Design Guide

Starfighter Command Instagram
Starfighter Command Public Facebook
Starfighter Command Members Facebook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> RLSC Standards Development -> RLSC Standard Revisions In Progress All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: