Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4d36b56c3685bee2692be1278d96c91cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Dagobah Luke Backpack - Yoda Caddy - Reference Pics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fleasome (Lee Richards)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:24 am    Post subject: Dagobah Luke Backpack - Yoda Caddy - Reference Pics Reply with quote

I've got my Dagobah Luke and Bespin Luke finished, minus a Yoda on my back and have started down that rabbit hole. As a lot of the pictures on this forum are now dead as old links and such, I thought I would start a new thread and see if others have more reference specifics for the backpack.

I will update the post if more people contribute to source items.

UPDATED: 03-27-2020 (added belt pictures and identified all 3 harness parts as well as belt width)

PICS: - Note: Most are brightened and contrast adjusted for details.

The backpack appears first, or at least the first I spotted it as Luke unpacks the X-wing on Dagobah shortly after the crash to make his camp. It appears that the bag of supplies he brings to the camp is the bag that later host Yoda. He sets it to the right for a minute and later down by R2.

Can anyone tell exactly what the dark rectangles are? Velcro? The ones in the 3rd picture, right. Also very visible when bag is sitting next to Yoda later.

Later, when he is running around you see the front straps. Two shoulder straps and a belt strap.

1) On the ends of the shoulder straps are curved metal ends. It looks to me like MAYBE these straps were fashioned from your standard military belts. There are tons on Amazon and Ebay that look similar. I will probably buy white ones and dye them the same as the belt and backpack.

2) These are pretty standard adjustment deals that I believe are called Tri-Glides though that may be a brand name. I am not sure on the size yet.
Link to Product in Picture

3) This is a vintage, 1970's SCUBA belt strap. The belts are 1.5" wide or 38.6 mm. It is upside down as that little hook thing here at the top would be on the bottom normally to allow a strap to go through the legs and hook to it. The one pictured is Technisub brand but there is nearly identical ones by Spirotechnique. I believe the two buckles used in ESB are both the Spirotechnique brand though it is difficult to see close up. They may have reused this one as it or an exact model was used in the BACTA tank harness. The regulator in the BACTA tank is Spirotechnique so I presume that the buckle is as well. Birds of a feather.

The above is the Spirotechnique belt, and buckle. This strap has both items 1 and 3 above.

Next is a shot of the pack after Yoda gets out of it and sits beside it.

And finally 2 pictures of some side shots.

I am really interested if this pack was a specific pack or if it was made for the screen. Not sure if that knowledge has survived.

Also, has anyone made a pattern before I start measuring and trying to figure out all the sizing and such.

There is a rather large group of Facebookers that have been discussing Luke Skywalker costumes for a couple of years and I found some more info there for future builders that run across this thread.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1609096932507049/

THANKS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think those strips are velcro. Rather I think they are decorative/to add strength.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: