Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=50bf708f1e7338e424542c2cd76d79a2Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hoth Leia for Norway
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VeroLeia94 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love all your progress!!
I did the same thing with my boots Smile

Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your boots look great. Smile Well done. Not far to go now.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

abrookebrown24 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 6:23 am    Post subject: Leia Updates Reply with quote

Hello!
I never finished updating this. Boot progress. I added a hidden zipper inside the tongue, then glued the darker straps down with more Barge. On the bottom of the shoe in the arch area I added Sugru to seal and help support the material. It also gave it that nice wedge appearance.

I was approved about a week before we left on our big Norway trip. Hooray! It was perfect timing as we had planned a huge meetup with Blizzard Force. We met up with about 20 Snowtroopers from around the globe in Finse. We stayed in the same hotel where they filmed a lot of the Hoth scenes, which was a dream come true! Unfortunately our trip was overshadowed by Covid, but we still had a fabulous time, and had perfect luck with the weather on the days we did photos.

Gorgeous Hoth.

I also decided to go with a wig as I am blonde. I ordered a beautiful lace-front wig from Epic Cosplay Wigs. I ordered the Nemesis in light brown, and I was very pleased with the color. This wig ended up having a looot of hair, which made the braids far too thick. I ended up taking about half the wefts out of the wig, and even then I still had to separate it into three braids instead of two. But I really liked the end result!

We had a lot of fun recreating some of the original film crew photos.

We did have to cut our trip short by about a week, and we made it out the country right as the borders closed. It was pretty crazy. Too bad I still haven't had a chance to officially troop in this costume yet, but hopefully when life gets back to normal!
Puck (Puck)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic! Beautiful photos!
VeroLeia94 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's amazing. I love your pictures Surprised

Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely photos! Very Happy (And I like the casual Amidala in the background in the first).

I will also say that 'too much hair' is not something you usually hear when it comes to Leia; it's usually too little! Laughing

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: