Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7b23848861da256b9f325d403d4fba85Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Galaxy Edge Snowspeeder Jacket - Judge Review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Snowspeeder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeathProof ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:20 am    Post subject: Galaxy Edge Snowspeeder Jacket - Judge Review Reply with quote

Hi there!

Just curious if anyone has used a pilot jacket from Galaxy’s Edge for their snowspeeder pilot? I’m not familiar with all of the details. Perhaps just a change in greeblies?
DeathProof ()

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wabbit89 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to refer to this thread:

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=106871

I'm approved in this jacket with no modifications. I did weather it a bit and just took out the chest badge, as it is not needed/seen under my vest.
It matters which side we choose. Even if there will never be more light than darkness... For every life we touch, it matters. I don't turn toward the light because it means some day I'll win some sort of cosmic game. I turn toward it because it is the light.

Qui-Gon Jinn, Master and Apprentice, Claudia Gray
DeathProof ()

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, totally didn’t see that post. Thanks for that. Still getting used to this forum - the colours and icons are a bit hard to navigate for me.

Do you have be at the park to buy this? I live in Canada and probably won’t be traveling anytime soon Smile
wabbit89 ()
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeathProof wrote:
Sorry, totally didn’t see that post. Thanks for that. Still getting used to this forum - the colours and icons are a bit hard to navigate for me.

Do you have be at the park to buy this? I live in Canada and probably won’t be traveling anytime soon Smile

No worries! And you are not wrong about things being hard to see sometimes. Especially if they are sticky or announcement posts. But regardless, my understanding is that you can only buy at the parks, or on eBay for stupid prices, but I could be wrong. I had a friend who lives close to Orlando get mine and ship it to me. Hopefully you might be able to do similar?
It matters which side we choose. Even if there will never be more light than darkness... For every life we touch, it matters. I don't turn toward the light because it means some day I'll win some sort of cosmic game. I turn toward it because it is the light.

wabbit89 ()
Active Legion Member

2018 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and yes. I used this jacket for my build and was approved in it with no modifications.

DeathProof ()

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother lives in LA so perhaps I’ll see if he can grab one when the park opens again. Thanks for your help!
wabbit89 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good plan!

And sorry I answered twice on approval. There were two threads on this at the same time, bizarrely (another in x-wing section).

Anyway...good luck!

Pagil M'gar (Patrick Gillies)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These jackets will not be approved without modification. At the very least the pockets on the front must be closed.

While we will let them be approved it should be noted that myself and many other judges consider these the low end of the standard.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Charity Liaison 2016-2018

Rebel Legion Starfighter Command
Knights of the Jedi Order
Clones of the Republic
Docking Bay 94
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on how the belt lays on you and the jacket, the belt may even cover the pockets, making it a non-issue.

The zipper has to be concealed, too, although that's pretty trivial.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Snowspeeder All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: