Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=dc0a9e5b96db84778072cef02839ed93Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

An Apology

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tython Base -> Tython Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kev vader

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 9:40 am    Post subject: An Apology Reply with quote

Attention Troopers:
I am in an unenviable position where I come before you to make an apology.
The Australian 501st and Rebel Legion CO’s and XO’s are currently in a discussion regarding the upcoming Public Liability Insurance renewal.
I was asked by one of the Rebel Legion BCO’s, Sair Steele, to provide her with detailed information regarding who donated to last years PLI, and their donation amount.
I provided her with a list of names of those who donated, but declined to provide her with the amount each person donated, asserting that this was Confidential Information. To provide that information would be clearly ethically wrong of me, and I naively assumed that she would assume that too.
Nevertheless, she chose to not only seek the information from PayPal, but to subsequently publish it in a spreadsheet alongside your name, Unit and TKID.
It had honestly never occurred to me that she would go to such outrageous lengths.
I find it morally and ethically reprehensible that she took this action, and I apologise unreservedly for my short-sightedness in predicting her actions in this matter to all members who donated to the 2019/20 PLI and whose privacy has now been disgracefully breached.
MaximusStabby ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it similar at all to the "private" information that can be garnered from clicking the paypal link that YOU posted in the 2018-2019 PLI run here:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=97043

Because if that is the case..... What are you screaming about? I wasn't even logged into my account in this forum, or even on paypal to view that information. Information such as donation amounts, in most cases, TKID's, and names......
TigglesToggles ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kev,

Are you talking about the publicly accessible information that can be obtained by clicking the PLI donations link?

As with MaximusStabby, I was not logged into the forum nor into paypal to see this information, I merely clicked the link that you provided.

This gave me personal names and amounts for every transaction made to the 2019-2020 PLI

How is this classified information when literally anyone can see it?
Swanmor ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kevin,

Is this really the right place to post this? I have just heard that Sarah has stepped aside as base CO due to a formal complaint. I presume this “apology” has something to do with that complaint. Are u trying to short circuit due process here?

Can u please provide details of why this information is considered confidential? As the previous posters have highlighted, the contribution pool jnformation with amount was never hidden on paypal.

Also, where was the information publicly published as i dont recall seeing it posted jn the forums or on facebook?

Now that you have brought this before the base members and outside the (presumably) behind the scenes discussions, i would like to see a full transcript of what lead to this point to be able to make an informed opinion of who has or hasn't done something wrong.

You have also accused our base CO of going to”outrageous lengths” in getting this information. I really don’t think downloading some information from paypal which is available to all are “outrageous lengths”. I suggest you keep the inflammatory hyperbole to yourself.
MaximusStabby ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting to see that you have now removed the links that YOU have previously had posted on the last two rounds of PLI.

Good thing half my garrison have already screenshot those posts PRIOR to the removal of the links.

What are you trying to achieve here.
TigglesToggles ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kev,

I've noticed you've removed the links from the PLI threads,
if you require evidence of public access for future reference I have retained screenshots of the process before you edited your posts.

Please keep in mind, it's all previous years that can be accessed, so if you plan on actually making all the information confidential you should probably go back through previous years as well.

Also, would the report be anything like this publicly accessible report done up by the reback garrison for the 2017-18 PLI, which contains names, membership details and amounts donated?
http://501st.com.au/forum/PLI_report.php...em=PLI2017
longshot7014 (William Holmes)
Legion CO
Legion CO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of now Legion Command nor the LCOGs have not received any such charges, other than here in the Forum.

Our LCOG will be looking for such proof and allegations.

--Bill

TigglesToggles ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bill,

If things do progress I would be happy to provide screenshots of this information being publicly accessible, especially now that Kev has gone to lengths to cover his tracks regarding his own handling of said 'confidential' information.
freppy (William Bond)
Tython Base XO
Tython Base XO

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kev,

You may want to '<redact>' your public links from all publicly accessible pages you have created if you want to make this sort of claim, and even then you are incorrect in your assertion as you have published these links publicly. The links you have provided show names, and amounts donated.

FYI - You have not redacted all the links from your public posts, it is easy to find them by clicking on your forum name and looking at your historical PUBLIC posts regarding the PLI for previous years... (http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/search.php?search_author=kev+vader).

2019-2020 PLI Paypal link can still be found in YOUR public posts in Hoth Base (you forgot to <redact> this one as you have been doing with the other posts over the last couple of days!! Screenshot available just in-case you proceed down this route).

2018-2019 PLI Paypal link can still be found in all your public posts, showing name and amount.

2017-2018 PLI Paypal link can be found in all your public posts, showing name and amount. You have also provided a detailed donation report with name, ID, forum name, Garrison, Base, Payment amount etc..

etc.

Please do not claim that anyone else has breached privacy.
Swanmor ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are changing historical public records to protect your hypocrisy allowed under our charter?
NullusAnxietus (Luke)
Tython Base CO
Tython Base CO

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there!

As this matter is now being investigated at a higher level, I will have to lock the thread here.

I appreciate the Base coming to the defense of our CO, but for low we have to leave this in the hands of the Legion COG's.
strider (Tim Helbing)
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Medals: 9 (View more...)
South Carolina Relief Badge (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Statement from Legion Council: "Sarah Steele, Tython Base Commanding Officer, is a member in good standing. There are no outstanding charges against her and she has the full support of the Legion Council in the execution of her duties."
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tython Base -> Tython Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: