Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1f5b5b776fd93f5f8db2f1c10a18b2c8Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Old Rex Build for Kashyyyk Base
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Clones of the Republic -> Animated clones
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackthorpe (Simon T)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's Rex, mostly together. The shoulder bells fell off right after I got everything on, and I don't have very good range of motion with the armor and I wasn't going to take it all off again right then. I'm still not very happy with the greaves; you can still see socks poking through sometimes. I might need tobreshape them a bit and possibly add velcro to attach them to the backs of the shoes. Belt buckle also needs to be adjusted a bit. Belt and pants need to sit a little higher, so I need to figure out how to get them to stay up. All in all, I'd call this a pretty successful test fit, even with the bugs to work out.

20200810_165434 by blackthorpe, on Flickr

20200810_165514 by blackthorpe, on Flickr

20200810_165558 by blackthorpe, on Flickr

20200810_163758 by blackthorpe, on Flickr

2020-08-10_05-16-58 by blackthorpe, on Flickr
Blackthorpe (Simon T)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought i would be able to do sumbission photos today, but it ended up being another test fit. I am mostly happy, but the belt needs more work: the buckle pops out too much and I attached the right holster in the wrong place (but thats easy to fix, since it's velcroed to the inside of the belt). I'm also not happy with the scar. I thought I had a light colored makeup pencil, but don't, so I ended up using white pancake makeup, with a dark red outline and I just don't think it turned out well. Rex is so close!

20200815_144148 by blackthorpe, on Flickr

20200815_144211 by blackthorpe, on Flickr

20200815_144227 by blackthorpe, on Flickr

20200815_144255 by blackthorpe, on Flickr
Blackthorpe (Simon T)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fingers crossed! I submitted for approval last night. Found a couple things that still need tweaks, but they are pretty minor and more for comfort than anything.
Blackthorpe (Simon T)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my approval email this morning!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Clones of the Republic -> Animated clones All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: