Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1b31b60db903f3d4c5d5b0701604a619Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Item approval - Leia's Ceremonial Necklace [ANH]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jobiwan ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:30 am    Post subject: Item approval - Leia's Ceremonial Necklace [ANH] Reply with quote

Hi there, long time costumer, but only just getting my feet on the ground in the legion.

I have a question regarding item approval. I have made Leia's Ceremonial Necklace from a New Hope, I have the ability to replicate it and sell it as a kit or a finished piece but I'm wondering what the guidelines are for checking if an item would be approved. Obviously I want to strive for the best result and I wouldn't want any legion hopefuls being turned down on account of my work.

Can any one shed some light?

Here is a link to some images, I hope that works. https://www.instagram.com/p/CA2qqQ5Jv1E/?igshid=w48wwm5w47zl
bekahsoka ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the looks of it you have a great design and shape! I would have guessed what it was immediately. I personally think seeing it being worn might help as well, to really be able to compare well Smile

Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main points for approvability would be size and shape. Smile If you can get those right, then it should be fine. Of course, size is hard to judge without having something to compare it to, but it looks good.
If you want to make it even better, then lightly sand/polish it before painting so it gets a smoother surface. Or even polish after first round and then repaint. Smile

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: