Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0136eb1f88f69da2cb071ad5ae64dd8aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Dans ROTS Kenobi Build WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wist Pen-du (Dan)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:36 pm    Post subject: Dans ROTS Kenobi Build WIP Reply with quote

Hi!

I have been a RL member for about a year now and I believe I am finally ready to take the plunge here and have a shot at building Kenobi. Plus my loving wife puts up with me and has agreed (or she just wants me to finally shut-up about it!) Wink

I have been looking at fabrics for the past 6 months and have narrowed it down to one. It is a cream/ivory colored, loose knit, cotton blend weave that has a puckery texture to it. If sewn right with the vertical striations, it will look quite close to Kenobi's. The big plus is that it is much easier to care for, it has a self-backing material and it sews better then the regular cotton gauze! I am currently working with a seamstress on this for the OT, tabbards and obi.

My generic belt will suffice as I have the correct buckle, the required 8 studs and it is the proper shade of brown.

I have acquired the 4 belt pouches from a friend in the hobby who was retiring from his Kenobi impression. Sad

I have had a proper pleated collar shirt made in the dark brown color with the long sleeves.

I had the bottom ends of the sleeves puckered to give the look of length and "bunchiness" when exposed. Very Happy

First body shot with khaki pants and under tunic.

"Your focus determines your reality"
naberrie ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you're off to a great start so far! Others can provide much more detailed expertise than me, but best of luck with your build! Very Happy
Member; RAID, UCGR, KJO, RLGS.
she/they
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: