Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=58e883c05ccc8333149aa6f137bc5a83Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Sasha's TCW Action!Padme Build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sashadechagny ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:22 pm    Post subject: Sasha's TCW Action!Padme Build Reply with quote

I've finally gotten around to keeping track of my build for this costume!

I have had one version of it completed earlier this year however I was desperate to redo it as it was at all up to the standard I wished to present.

I have completed the shirt, pants, and working on version 2.0 of the vest as my silk velvet arrived too late for me to make my first iteration of it.

The shirt and pants:
I chose to actually use a stretch suede for the suit as I found it looks quite like the fabric used in her Tan Tunic/Mustafar outfit also featured in TCW.
I also made this choice as the shading on her outfit often seems like it is not as matte as a lycra or spandex would be. The shadowing often shows a suede like texture and I wanted a more realistic feel to the costume then using simply just flat fabrics. The suede also gives the costume a bit more textural interest as many of the costumes of the prequel era had.

The vest:
The vest is made from a silk velvet purchased from Silk Baron. I had looked high and low for a colour which complimented the pink and red tones of the vest as it is seen in many different lights throughout the series each time Padme wears it. I went with a yard of the Burgundy silk velvet as once I had drafted my pattern I figured I wouldn't need much more than that. Once it arrived, I am very happy with the choice I made to make my vest 2.0; it is easily some of the most luxurious silk velvet I have ever worked with. I hope to finish the new vest in the next month or so....

The belt and bracers:
As for the belt, I decided to get it custom built out of leather as I needed something that would wear long and hard through trooping etc. I found that someone I would be able to commission it from as I have little experience with leather and didn't want to waste expensive materials working with something I would likely mess up.
The bracers were a similar issue for me as I attempted to make them myself and they did not last up after a weekend of hard trooping while testing out the costume out to see if it stood up against the rigors of a full weekend of work.
Updates will come when I receive them from the artists I commissioned for both these pieces.

Boots:
The boots were altered from a pair I owned previously and I just need to more permanently attach the trapezoid shape on the side as my original attempt peeled off after walking around in them for a while.

Hopefully I will have more updates and finally complete and submit this costume in the next little while!

Photos of old costume and fabric samples found here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/iiJ5TVY8b93Hezhf9

All the best,

Sasha <3
Aglarwen (Elizabeth Martinez)
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excited to see how this turns out, especially with your fabric choice for the shirt and pants!

naberrie ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excited to see this progress! It’s a fantastic costume and you seem to be on a great track with it Smile
Member; RAID, UCGR, KJO, RLGS.
she/they
sashadechagny ()

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotten an update regarding my belt commission! It was just finished and will be shipping to me ASAP!

My bracers should also be arriving soon so I'm very excited to see this all come together after Halloween.... I might be taking the holiday off and not working on anything Star Wars for it Laughing

Photos of the belt can be found here!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/iiJ5TVY8b93Hezhf9
sashadechagny ()

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotten an update regarding my belt commission! It was just finished and will be shipping to me ASAP!

My bracers should also be arriving soon so I'm very excited to see this all come together after Halloween.... I might be taking the holiday off and not working on anything Star Wars for it Laughing

Photos of the belt can be found here!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/iiJ5TVY8b93Hezhf9
sashadechagny ()

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops! Technical glitch created two posts! Sorry about that!

All the best,

Sasha <3
Lora Skywalker ()
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you're off to a good, solid start. Smile Hopefully it will soon all come together.

RLGS Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

She/Her They/Them

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: