Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9649762e7b3c39c678bc7c4cc0933eebMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Jedi Knight Revan WIP
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> EU Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RKorr13 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
lookin good! this is a beautiful build thread and an awesome costume... can't wait to watch the rest of it come together Smile best of luck!

Thank you so so much!! Very Happy
Dangams (David)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice progress! I remember the pain of drafting sixteen million different attempts for the mantles and hood, and even now four years later, I still occasionally find discarded prototypes, haha.

The lower mantle looks great, and I like how you're doing the collar - I look forward to seeing the full version of that when it's done.

For the upper mantle and hood, I think my personal preference would be for your first option - I think it would look tidier, and knowing how hot my costume gets around the upper chest and neck, adding extra layers is not something I'd recommend! That being said, I'm sure you could pull either version off. For the hood shape, I'd pick either the KotOR ref or the SWGOH ref rather than combining both. If going for the KotOR style and putting the hood up, use the Darth Revan model as a reference for the hood shape, as Darth and Star Forge started from roughly the same place.
As for hood length, you might want to do some of your armour design before finalising that, as I'd say that the best guide for how long it should be would be the patterning on the armour:

From your photo, I think it might be a bit too long at the moment? The point should around the same level as the chest circumference, just below the armpits.

Your Verpine headband is looking amazing, that red looks so good! Can't wait to see it fully assembled.

Good luck with the next bits!

Cleared Costumes:
Generic Jedi
Jedi Knight/Star Forge Revan
X-Wing Pilot
Jedi General
RKorr13 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input, Dangams!!

I am surprised that you would prefer Option 1, as I legit didn't think it would be allowable. But I am totally fine with that, if you are directing me that way! I think then, what I'm calling the cowl could be renamed to the Upper Mantle.

Maybe I will make the other version as well, simply because this is the start of that time of year where having a lot of layers would be really nice... Laughing

I am thinking, though, if I go with Option 1, that I will probably put that collar on a dickey, to sit underneath the LM + hood/cowl. I would be worried about having so many layers in 1 seam section. That would probably be bulky!

Thank you for the Darth Revan suggestion! I would really prefer to stay as in game in Kotor as possible, since to me that is my preferred version of this story. (Because then I get to be Revan Very Happy ) I definitely wouldn't have thought to look to the dark side version, since it's a different costume design, but I like the hood look far better. It seems to make more sense, practically, as well. If I were fighting, I probably wouldn't want to be restricted by the hood tucked in!

Cool! I think I've got the mantles designs figured out!

It's funny you should include that reference photo. A few hours after I posted my update, I wondered why I hadn't just looked at the reference photos for the hood length while I was studying that cowl portion. I will definitely take your suggestion, and look to the armor pattern. Leather is ordered!

Thanks so much! Very Happy
Dangams (David)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 3 (View more...)
TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're very welcome!

One other thing I'd add about the hood design is that what I did (and what I'd recommend for the KotOR version) is to focus on getting the shape when the hood is down correct, and then adapt that to allow yourself to wear it up.

Good luck!

Cleared Costumes:
Generic Jedi
Jedi Knight/Star Forge Revan
X-Wing Pilot
Jedi General
Lora Skywalker ()
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the hood looks a bit too long right now. Smile But your progress looks great! Those resin parts have a lovely shade of red.

I think I prefer option 2. The design just seems to match references better.

RLGS Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

She/Her They/Them

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> EU Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: