Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5c9c081473f4b5379028c2065497b7ebMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

(Central) 10/31/20 37th Annual Richmond Christmas Parade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Central Virginia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (5)

(0)

User Registered Confirmed
Koda VonnorMon Sep 28, 2020 10:38 pmMon Sep 28, 2020 10:38 pm
erictankSat Oct 03, 2020 6:08 pm
twilekjediMon Oct 12, 2020 3:08 am
Colt45Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:18 am
PunishaTue Oct 13, 2020 1:41 pm
User Registered Confirmed
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:42 pm    Post subject: (Central) 10/31/20 37th Annual Richmond Christmas Parade
Event starting Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:00 am for one day

Members of Rebel Legion Freedom Base.
Hopefully you have seen the announcement regarding the Dominion Richmond Christmas Parade that was supposed to happen on December 5th. This is unfortunate news BUT there is a SILVER LINING. As you know we have a special relationship with the parade as we have been doing this for at least 12 years and they, along with the crowds lining the street are extremely happy to see us every year.
Well even a pandemic cant keep a band of Rebels down. The parade is doing a BROADCAST ONLY event with a select group of entertainers and such, and the Rebel Legion, 501st Legion and Mando Mercs, have been invited to participate. 😁😁😁

What does this mean for us.
Well they want to focus more on the individuals and costumes by bringing us to a location and do a taping of us.
The date for the event is OCTOBER 31st.
Time: TBA

Here is the information direct from the email I received:
"For costuming organizations, we are envisioning a high-level of interaction with the television hosts and cameras this year. We would probably work with you closely in the lead-up to filming to get an idea of what characters you'd have and which ones might want stop to have short interviews with the hosts. Also, we're going to coach groups to wave and smile directly into the cameras as we'd love for viewers to feel like they're right there and a part of the action. Another idea we had is for Star Wars characters to film holiday greeting spots to use as we come in and out of commercial breaks. So there are several options for participating and hopefully getting significant camera time! The hosts will also use talking points, similar to what you usually submit, and we can identify the three groups individually, if you have characters from each of them.

I hope that we're able to make this work for all of you! I know that the kids would love to see you again this year, and it would be fun to get some close-ups and conversation that we can't usually get!"

After discussing the event with Tim Allen, we feel that we can still do this safely between all of the groups, and this opportunity would allow MORE costumes to participate since there wont be any real marching involved....and you know how much we love that 2 mile march every year.
We want to stress that we would be considering this a medium profile event. there will be NO on site approvals for costumes and we will be requiring only ONE of each face character costume type. This means no 2 of the same ANH Leia costumes, or 2 ANH Darth Vader costumes or 2 Captain Rex or Commander Cody
All non face characters we can have as many as we can....Troopers, Pilots, Royal Guard, Clones(non Face), Gunners, Jawas, Tuskens, Generic Jedi, etc.

We will be using the same GOOGLE form from last year to sign up.
The parade POC is requesting that we get an answer to them no later than OCTOBER 15th. They are also willing to accommodate us on the time, so that we wont have to show up at 8am to get suited up. The event time will run from about 8am to about 2pm and we will have a later slot in the taping. Hopefully this will allow members from all 3 groups, REBEL LEGION, 501ST LEGION and MANDALORIAN MERCS, to join us from across the state(s)
We would love to have some droids and hopefully the Hampton Roads Droid Builders or Mid-Atlantic Droid and Prop Builders can join in our reindeer games.

Here is the link to the GOOGLE DOC to sign up.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m5--b7PWN92wBBq9pRFQ1smgGP_5pZGK-mKG_MUhX8w/edit?usp=sharing
We will still need handlers for this so please make sure to sign up your handlers too.
Thank you in advance and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me
More information about this is on the parade website too.
https://www.richmondparade.org/

Joel Webne

Last edited by Shivannd (Joel Webne) on Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
erictank ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't commit 100% until I verify the time off, but I have plenty of vacation and even a full day of PTO that HAS to be taken by the end of the year so it shouldn't be an issue. Call it 95% at this time that Old Luke will be able to attend.
Koda Vonnor (BillCostigan)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Celebration17 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go. Old Republic Jedi. Hair's too short for Rahm Kota this year.

Lilly (Jedi Leda) will help as a handler.

~ Bill C.
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The date for this is OCTOBER 31st
NOT December 5th

I hope that this does not change anyone going or not

Joel Webne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New information has come in regarding the Parade taping.
I have requested a later time slot so that we can make sure everyone coming in from out of town can get in and get suited up.
This will be a minimal marching event and will be on level blacktop.

FILMING DETAILS:

Location. Filming will be at the Bon Secours Training Center (2401 W Leigh Street, Richmond). For groups that have participated with us before, you will already be familiar with this facility, because we use it as a staging area most years. The Training Center has a driveway loop similar to the Science Museum, which will be set up as the filming and broadcast area. (The Science Museum property is under construction this year, which is why we are not filming there.)

Date(s). Filming will be held on Saturday, October 31 from 8 am to 2 pm. The RAIN DATE will be Saturday, November 14. Location and times will remain the same. (Fingers tightly crossed that a rain date won't be necessary!)

Times. Filming times will be sent next Monday, October 12. (I apologize for not having them yet, but I'm still waiting for some group confirmations before I can begin scheduling.) Your group will be assigned an hour slot to film (e.g. 9:00 am) We will bring each group through the filming area one by one as if a parade was in progress.

Performance. In the filming area, we will show you where to stop, and each group will have 3-4 minutes for a stationary (in place) performance, interview, or special acts. When the performance is finished, you will exit the filming area, again as if a parade was in progress. If CBS needs additional camera angles, they may ask for a performance to be repeated, so please be prepared to complete your performance twice, if asked.

Time Commitment. We are asking groups to be prepared for a two hour time commitment, just to be safe, but as long as filming goes smoothly, most groups will be finished between 30-60 minutes. Once your group has been filmed, you are free to go!

Vehicles. Each entertainment group can bring one vehicle to carry their sound system in the parade. The vehicle will precede your group. Only vehicles used in filming will be permitted in the staging area. For parking and parents who may want to drop off and wait, we recommend using the Children's Museum (preferred) or DMV parking lots and walking to the Training Center (about two blocks away).

Sound System. If you need assistance with obtaining a sound system for your performance, please let me know as soon as possible! While we do not normally offer this, we want to make it as easy as possible for groups to participate this year! You will still need to provide an iPhone/iPod/device with musical tracks to connect to our sound system.

Joel Webne
twilekjedi ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 9 (View more...)
Celebration17 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 80% sure we can attend. I have the day off. However, weather and also time of filming are major factors because we live almost 4 hours away. We will not be staying overnight. What's the parking situation for this?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twilekjedi wrote:
I am 80% sure we can attend. I have the day off. However, weather and also time of filming are major factors because we live almost 4 hours away. We will not be staying overnight. What's the parking situation for this?

I am waiting on the details for the time for this.
As for parking they are stating to use the DMV lots across the street and/or the Children's Museum lot and walk down the back road where we normally walk up to the start point.

I am hoping to get the times and final details this week.
Thanks

Joel Webne
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New details on the time for our group taping:

Group Name: International Star Wars Costuming Organizations

Time: Arrive at 10:45 AM | Filming during 11:00 Hour | Sat, Oct 31

Location: DMV Drive Entrance, Bon Secours Training Center (2401 W Leigh Street, Richmond)

***Our group is scheduled to film at the end of the 11:00 hour block. Ideally, they would love everyone to be there at the scheduled arrival time, but for our group, thry will accept arrivals up to 11:30 AM, if that's helpful.***

Drop Off/ Parking: As a reminder, only vehicles used in filming will be permitted in the staging area. Important -- please use the DMV Drive entrance of the Training Center! The W Leigh St entrance will be closed to traffic. If you need to park additional vehicles, please use the Children's Museum (preferred) or DMV parking lots and walk to the Training Center. Participants may be dropped off at the Training Center at the DMV Drive entrance. Parents may wait in one of the parking lots mentioned above. We cannot have spectators on property during the performances.

Safety Procedures: All staging and filming will be outdoors. Groups will be assigned a numbered staging area in the parking lot and will be asked to stay there until called for filming.

We ask that everyone in your group wear face masks in the staging area, if your costume allows. You do not have to perform in masks, unless required by your organization. Please bring your own face masks. We will have a limited number of masks available for those who need one.

Please maintain social distancing whenever possible, including during your performance. Hand sanitizer and cleaning supplies will be available in the staging area for participant use.

Groups that do not comply with safety measures or do not follow directions provided by volunteers may not be permitted to participate in filming or allowed to return for future parades. Please be respectful and take every step possible to keep those in our community safe.

Bathrooms: We will not have access to indoor bathroom facilities during filming. There will be two port-a-potties on site, if necessary. Please wear a face mask inside, and sanitize your hands before and after use. Port-a-potties will be wiped down every 30 minutes by one of our volunteers.

‐‐---------------

Hopefully this will allow more people to get here and not be rushed to change into costume.

it would be best to show up suited at 1045. If you need to suit up there I would say get there by 10-10:15
There is no shuttle service as the parking lots are less than .25 miles away. The DMV lot is 500 feet away and the Chirldren's Museum is 1100 feet.
Here is a link to my GOOGLE EARTH map with the 2 locations for parking and the location of the taping:
https://earth.google.com/earth/rpc/cc/drive?state=%7B%22ids%22%3A%5B%221n4430ek9IPDTemXU1Oe2h0nQIDuQ77D-%22%5D%2C%22action%22%3A%22open%22%2C%22userId%22%3A%22104803163137754996938%22%7D&usp=sharing

Joel Webne
Koda Vonnor (BillCostigan)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need more robed Jedi. So far it's just me and Old Luke.
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koda Vonnor wrote:
We need more robed Jedi. So far it's just me and Old Luke.

I may not be robed, but I am a Jedi....what is Kanan...chopped bantha?

Joel Webne
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a friendly reminder about Saturday for the Parade taping here in Richmond.
It would be best to show up suited at 1045. If you need to suit up there I would say get there by 10-10:15
There is no shuttle service as the parking lots are less than .25 miles away. The DMV lot is 500 feet away and the Children's Museum is 1100 feet.
Here is a link to my GOOGLE EARTH map with the 2 locations for parking and the location of the taping:
https://earth.google.com/earth/rpc/cc/drive?state=%7B%22ids%22%3A%5B%221n4430ek9IPDTemXU1Oe2h0nQIDuQ77D-%22%5D%2C%22action%22%3A%22open%22%2C%22userId%22%3A%22104803163137754996938%22%7D&usp=sharing
Parking is in the VDOT lot across the street or the Children's museum parking lot along Broad Street

The weather is looking great for this. if you have any issues or such please call me at 804-874-0595

THANKS EVERYONE AND WE WILL SEE YOU SATURDAY!

Joel Webne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Central Virginia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: