Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0e773b0d495c7916e3cb9a4d63a0a4c2Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Sasha's Ceremonial Satine Commission

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Other Dignitaries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sashadechagny ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:41 pm    Post subject: Sasha's Ceremonial Satine Commission Reply with quote

Hello All!

I will be finishing up a Ceremonial Duchess Satine costume for my partner this year and I really needed a space to log my progress because this costume is a beast of a build.

[photos to come when I upload them to an album]

I have much of the base gown complete minus a few alterations and the bottom embroidery. In the coming months I do hope to actually pattern out the overdress and start molding her jewelry and parts of her headdress.

Here's to actually finishing this costume which has been the better part of two years in the making lol Laughing
naberrie ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah what a beautiful choice for a costume! Can’t wait to see the pics as they come in and your last bits of progress Smile best of luck!
Member; RAID, UCGR, KJO, RLGS.
they/them/she/hers
Lora Skywalker ()
Base Membership Officer

Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh! I look forward to seeing pictures of this! Very Happy

Nordic Base BMO | DL of Aurora Delegation | CRC | She/Her They/Them

RLGS Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

sashadechagny ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I recently switched phones and therefore I don't have access to a lot of my "in progress" photos as of right now. What I do have available to me, I have thrown into an album to suffice until I dig for more pictures.

I do have one item to bring as a preface: The embroidery.

The standard says "white," however looking closer at the reference images, I do believe it is a light blue/turquoise colour.

I would love to discuss this with those interested as I have spent quite some time (over two years) looking at all screencaps available for this outfit and have noticed quite a number of this I believe are worth discussing in regards to the current standard.

Photos can be found here!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/2Dt8eEYazTnb9ZuT8
Lora Skywalker ()
Base Membership Officer

Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Progress looks good! Very Happy

And does the standard say white for the pattern on the bottom skirt? Yeah, in this case I'd say you have it right with a light blue color, so that looks like something to update in the standard. Smile

You can post your photos directly in the thread through direct image linking for easier viewing for those who follow your progress. How to do that differ from hosting site to hosting site though. Just an idea for you.

Nordic Base BMO | DL of Aurora Delegation | CRC | She/Her They/Them

RLGS Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Other Dignitaries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: