Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=396f98ee7745be30b430eb93addd9713Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Alliance Pilot Ground Duty Uniform
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Rebel Pilot Tutorials, Templates & References
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G'nott sH'urr (David Campbell)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)
2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Todd I made it, along with the belt. Its heavy cotton covered with another layer of cotton duck, and drybrushed a bit. The loops for the "flares" were added and I made the flares from tube and parts I had around the house.

Squadron Commander, DragonSnake Squadron

Regimental Sergeant Major, RMMC, 6th Expeditionary Force, Tannerman Rifles Regiment.

Commander, Deep South Mothership, Visitor Fleet.
MacRican ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hola!

So Iíve been looking to put this outfit together since I saw it in Squadrons. I also know itís similar to intel tech dude. Iíve been reading through all the threads and what not to keep up to date etc. Iíve just mostly finished the shirt. Iíd say thatís about 95% done. Iíve got the pants as well. Iím sure I have something passable for the gloves in my tub oíthings but the two items that are vexing me at this time are belt and the boot flap things with greeblie.

Iím a fat dude and it was suggested to buy two belts and re-size accordingly. Iím down with that Smile the boots though...I donít see the extra flap when I look at the pics. All I see are RFT boots with the weird little greeblie latch. Also, they look a little on the brown side (with RFT boots being black). OH, also? The bottom seam of the bin looks to be tucked into the pants in the squadrons pics, so maybe having the requirement of the bib being two to three inches above the belt line should be changed to optional. Or both options should be legit.

Just some thoughts as a late-comer to the conversation. Iíll post some pics of my shirt as soon as I figure out how to do that off my phone, LOL!

Sgt. Rook, RFT
Squad Leader
Rishi Maze Runners-RAID

"Sure would be nice if we had some GRENADES!"
PArmstr (Patricia Armstrong-Krauss)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the boots look more dark brown than black if you compare them to the rest of the clothing. I think we should permit both colors. The boots look like short jackboots or commuter boots with an extra buckle if you only look at the NPC because you cannot get close enough to the NPCs to get a better look. In the character selection menu, the boots look like short jackboots or commuter boots with a large leather flap in the front and an extra buckle. If you get into the cockpit you can see the flap even better. You can also see that sometimes in the briefing before a mission if anybody wears the flight technician pants.

In Squadrons, we do not see the bottom edge of the shirt's bib. It is either tucked into the pants or just not there. I think your suggestion is a good idea. If we make both shirts with and without a visible bib edge approvable it will make it possible to go either for Squadrons screen accuracy or use their Rogue One shirts from other costumes.

There is a discussion about the details that should be put into the costume standard in the RLSC New Standard Proposals subforum. It would be great if could post further discussions about this there so that we do not highjack Davids's pilot WIP.
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=115646&start=15

Approved costumes: Jawa, RFT ANH, SIT, RV, female DRT, R1 SO A, YOO, YOT, 2 SMs
WIPs: TRS, female BRT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Rebel Pilot Tutorials, Templates & References All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: