Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=cc8fd9c915a3c98dd04d46a632e472edMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Naboo Captain Question.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Prequel Trilogy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CocktailCat (Gabrielle Russo)

Medals: None

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cocktailcosplay/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:53 am    Post subject: Naboo Captain Question. Reply with quote

This is probably a silly question, but for a Naboo Captain or Naboo Security Officer, do they have to be male/masc presenting? I'm currently considering it as next years big build.

PLANS:

Kaydel Ko Connix (TLJ)
X-Wing Pilot (Original Series)
RogueLeader1995 (Giulia Andriulo)
Rebel Legion Translation Team

Medals: 1 (View more...)

Instagram: julia.phoenix_
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! this is not a silly question, don't worry! everyone in the Rebel Legion can build whatever they want! I could also build a Luke Skywalker as a female, for example! So go for it and good luck with your building Very Happy
-Duty Officer of Headquarters Frigate Command Post

RebelLady (Kristina Gundersen)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Naboo Captain Question. Reply with quote

cocktailcat wrote:
This is probably a silly question, but for a Naboo Captain or Naboo Security Officer, do they have to be male/masc presenting? I'm currently considering it as next years big build.

To clarify, are you asking if your costume needs to look like a male character? There's no need to hide female attributes for this costume. We know from the books that there are also female security officers. Panaka's wife, Captain Mariek Panaka, is a good example.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Mariek_Panaka

Even without Mariek, for generic costumes like this, gender isn't something we worry about. For face characters, the costume needs to present gender the same way the character does, but women can costume male characters and vice versa.

So if you are doing Typho or Gregor Panaka, then yes, you would need to present as male. If you were doing Mariek Panaka, you would need to present as female (although I don't know if we have non-text refs for her specifically). For a generic Naboo officer, however, you can present as either gender.
Yavin Command Post, Duty Officer
Sunrider Base Charity Officer 2016-18
Costume Leadership Member of The Year 2020
CocktailCat (Gabrielle Russo)

Medals: None

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cocktailcosplay/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: Naboo Captain Question. Reply with quote

RebelLady wrote:
cocktailcat wrote:

To clarify, are you asking if your costume needs to look like a male character? There's no need to hide female attributes for this costume. We know from the books that there are also female security officers. Panaka's wife, Captain Mariek Panaka, is a good example.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Mariek_Panaka

Even without Mariek, for generic costumes like this, gender isn't something we worry about. For face characters, the costume needs to present gender the same way the character does, but women can costume male characters and vice versa.

So if you are doing Typho or Gregor Panaka, then yes, you would need to present as male. If you were doing Mariek Panaka, you would need to present as female (although I don't know if we have non-text refs for her specifically). For a generic Naboo officer, however, you can present as either gender.

Yep, that was what I was asking! I might check if my base has any prequel characters first before looking into it more, but I would be going the generic route if I did it. Thank you so much for the swift replies.

PLANS:

Kaydel Ko Connix (TLJ)
X-Wing Pilot (Original Series)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Prequel Trilogy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: