Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2e4bdd27272bef2ee9d9b62838641340Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Shevacon Feb 27th, 28, March 1st 2009, Roanoke VA: Completed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (7)

(1)

(3)

User Registered Confirmed
JennFaerealityTue Nov 04, 2008 5:45 amTue Nov 04, 2008 5:46 am
Bouri-PlwelTue Nov 04, 2008 8:17 amTue Nov 04, 2008 8:17 am
tetmatekFri Nov 14, 2008 4:07 amSat Jan 03, 2009 11:55 pm
Koda VonnorTue Dec 09, 2008 12:42 am
6829Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:08 pm
JediMistressDragonMon Jan 19, 2009 8:07 pm
Atragian KaceThu Feb 19, 2009 8:02 pm
Jon-Ari_KenobiWed Dec 10, 2008 3:22 pm
eskyleMon Dec 08, 2008 12:50 am
JadaSat Jan 10, 2009 3:41 pm
ShivanndMon Feb 16, 2009 4:03 am
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem standing in front of an audience. If you need to have me do a presentation, just let me know. I am better at Meet and Greets and not costume reqs.

Joel Webne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JennFaereality (Jennifer DePaola)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shivannd wrote:
I have no problem standing in front of an audience. If you need to have me do a presentation, just let me know. I am better at Meet and Greets and not costume reqs.

We'd be honored to have you Joel... for either. Very Happy

I can help out as much as possible with the costume stuff - but we really need some people there in costume showing off their gear - and possibly explaining a little about what went into making it, how it all stays in place without constantly fiddling with it. Laughing, and things of that nature. Like I said... I'll help out as much as possible... but I'll need someone to man the table for a bit while I'm in a panel.

Btw, the panels only last about 45 minutes or so.

Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Shevacon Panels.... Reply with quote

Okay... so I just received the schedule matrix for Shevacon - and they have us currently put in for 2 panels.

Panel #1
"Meet the Rebel Legion" - Saturday 3:00 - 3:50pm - Boardroom #2

An intro to the Rebel Legion... covering who we are, what we do, what we stand for - and of course... showing off those costumes, props and accessories!

Panel #2
"Costuming the Rebel Legion Way" - Saturday 9:00 - 9:50pm - Boardroom #2

This panel should be a lot of fun, since it's going to basically be us babbling about our costumes, going over resources and tips. Possibly showing how some of the costume layers are put on, and stay in place, etc.

Also if anyone has any props or things that they'd feel comfortable passing around the room to let some of the audience get a real 'hands-on' look at our items - that would be great too.

The 501st does this too - but at a different time of the day - but with their panel... you usually get to see a trooper dress or undress down to the under-suit. Laughing Not sure if we want to go that far... but the option is there for those willing. All PG of course, 'cause there's kids around.

I say we get some ideas going on this and really try to make a very organized presentation. This is our first time having a real presence at this event - so let's make it a great one Very Happy

Bouri-Plwel (Rick Bouwhuis)
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenn....stop trying to get me to undress now...I already said no!!!! Shocked Surprised

"It was an honor just to be nominated!"
"Remember - You are UNIQUE....Just like everyone else!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bouri-Plwel wrote:
Jenn....stop trying to get me to undress now...I already said no!!!! Shocked Surprised

Hey now... I never said you had to.... Razz Sheesh.... such a prude sometimes Laughing Plus... I don't think that would exactly represent the Legion too well... I mean there will be children present... don't wanna make them cry or anything Very Happy j/k

Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Main page info was updated with panel info. Calling all people willing to volunteer for these panels... we need your help! help Please? praying

Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be glad to do the Meet and Greet Panel....considering I will be going back to Richmond that night I wouldnt be able to do the 9PM one.
I will bring what I have and whatever costume I am in I will have the other one with me at the panel to show and tell as well as any other props I have.

Joel Webne
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update Joel.

Well... if we don't get enough people, then we might have to forfeit one or both of our panels. I really don't want to... but if we don't have the volunteers - then there really isn't any other option.

I realize that this is 3 months away - and not many people plan that far in advance unless it's a major event (Celebrations, D*C, etc.) - but this event is getting larger every year - and it is constantly evolving. Another thing I realize is the distance. Not many people are willing to drive that far out of their way for an event. I can sympathize, as I am at least 3+ hours from just about any event that's posted.

This is the second year that the RL has been invited, but it's the first year that anyone has decided to come - who wasn't part of the 501st also. I attended a staff meeting for Shevacon today, as I am acting as the local RL rep to them. I relayed all the confirmed attendance we have so far. There will be another meeting in Dec. that I plan on attending - and hopefully will have more members letting me know 'yay' or 'nay' for their attendance so I can start making more concrete plans.

Please don't misread this post as being rude, that's not my intent... I'm just planning and trying to get the details hammered out. Smile

Thanks!

Legion XO
Legion XO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will do whatever you need me to do...just let me know

Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bouri-Plwel wrote:
I will do whatever you need me to do...just let me know

Well.... since you're offering Smile

For the Meet & Greet panel - we would only need a handful of members to complete that. I'm thinking somewhere between 4 or 5 members, including myself if needed (but will need someone to man the table while I'm in the panel). Or more if interested Smile

A presentation (projection) of some sort would be nice to have to better illustrate what we are talking about. I know that the RL already has a powerpoint file, and I am in the process of getting all of those materials together.

But I was thinking that if the current presentation was a little bit dated, we could make a base/legion presentation (getting it approved and all of that of course). The presentation should outline what the Legion stands for, and the 'speakers' could elaborate on that a bit. We should also show pictures from all over the base, like some of the events, the charities we've helped with... and of course photos with the kids. Also I feel that adding something about the costumes we create should be in there too, along with other props and accessories and the quality we strive for.

As for the Costuming panel... well... not sure if anyone is going to be there for that if they are leaving that night. If they aren't staying long enough for that, then we'll have to include as much as possible into the 'Meet' panel, encourage people to visit the website for more info, and cancel the costuming panel all together.

Usually the last 5-10 minutes of the panels are reserved for questions from the audience if any.

Please, if you have questions - ask me. If I don't know the answer right away... I will find out and get back to you. Smile

Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick...are you and I planning on going down really early that Sat and coming back in the evening, or coming down separate?
Let me know

Joel Webne
Legion XO
Legion XO

Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know yet...we will figure it out

Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that it's getting closer and closer to the holidays, but I was wondering if anyone else had made any plans on attending Shevacon, and possibly helping out?

We are still in need for a few volunteers for the Meet & Greet panel if anyone would like to help with that... I (and the Shevacon Staff) would be ever so grateful. Very Happy

Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Main page info updated, The Mandalorian Mercs will be in attendance as well. The SW presence just keeps growing Very Happy

Anyone wanna volunteer to help start getting materials and such ready for the panel?

Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you need?
I have the Rebel Legion Activity book for kids and I have the costume binder that I took to NYCC last year.
I just need to find out if there have been any additions to the binder and I can print them out.

Joel Webne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: