Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2225b56263104a7ed3ebcb32b7b1992cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Leia Slave outfit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leia Organa-Solo ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:27 am    Post subject: Leia Slave outfit Reply with quote

Hey all,

I started working on Leia's slave outfit, and have the main elements top, and bottom pieces done. I have yet to find a good, cheap pair of boots that I can cut and cover with fabric to make them look like the actual boot. The jewelry I am going to start working on, but am not sure how or where I should start looking to make the hair parts. I have light weight "clay" that is super soft that I may be able to use. Any ideas that could help me when making the smaller detail pieces for the costume?

Pictures will be posted as soon as my camera charges! Smile
Princess Liz Fett (Liz Welsh)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the boots, try searching online for "flat suede boots" Smile The standards call for flat suede boots that can be olive green, medium gray, or dark taupe.

I was able to find some good gray boots that I dyed olive green to match the movie accurate color.

Here's an exhibit photo of Slave Leia's boots, I hope this can help Smile

Unfortunately I don't know too much about sculpting Sad ..but if you go to Leiasmetalbikini.com and contact Jamin, he does in fact sell parts separately and he could sell you the parts that you are looking for Smile

Hope this helps Very Happy I'm putting together a new slave leia kit too. I'm very excited! (we need a Slave Leia emoticon Lol)
Rebel Legion Costumer of the Year 2013
Nomad Angie (Angie Rivera)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The movie accurate colors for the bikini is very difficult to determine. In the orange light looks taupe, in blue lights looks gray and in natural light (outside) looks between gray and olive green. Maybe they experimented with fabric dyes o something. Some of the existing pictures have been digitally restored and there are some shifts in color.

Some sources inform that the original fabrics deteriorated with time and they had to be replaced, but I don't know the veracity of that.

The color of the boots in the picture looks very close to the color of my boots.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: